The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(discussion) sabres aquired draft picks and value of players

so i believe sabres have 3 first rounds in draft islands blues and theirs plus 2 or 3 second rounders fom their fire sale last yr does anyone know if its 2 or 3 second rounders ?

if they were to unload more vets a dead line whats their values

heres my

stewart? 3rd rounder and a b prospect

hodgson? 3rd rounder hes awful this yr 2 points in 9 games minus7 signed for 5 yrs at 4.25 mill

gorges? 1st and a prospect many teams. need dmen

myers? 1st a good prospect and a second

neuvirth? bag of pucks

stafford? 3-4th rounder

plus if they did a barn sale they could also aquire crappy players on expiring contracts to fit minimum cap teams will maybe give up small assets for them taking on players like horcoff or briere

hell sabres coukd end up with four first rounders in top ten next yr should be a great team in 3-4 yrs

agreed we def won that trade. kasssian might only have 2 points but hes been getting chances and hes not bad defensively plus hes signed cheap for 2 yrs at 1.75 makes me happy plus hes always smiling and looks like the teammates like him not like bieska wanting to punch hodgson in the face haha

islanders might be around 15-20 overall but blue are injured and will be left in dust in t he ultra competitive west sabres will be top two

plus who knows wat trades they make they could aquired more first rounders. (myers gorges, bunch of second rounders) are all assets they could trade for more

I am cracking up at how bad Hodgson is. I feel vindicated in a way .

I bet Gillis is chuckling a bit wherever he is.

this is from yesterday

“Yeah, he’s on the fourth line,” Sabres coach Ted Nolan said curtly this afternoon.

Hodgson could be moved to the press box next.

“He’s pretty close there, too,” Nolan said.

http://www.buffalohockeybeat.com/sabres-cody-hodgson-close-to-being-scratched/

My bet is Hodgson is in the NHL a decade longer than Nolan.

Players under long term contracts that consistently score 20 goals usually last longer than interim coaches on losing teams.

Nolan isn't the interim coach. He signed a three year head coach contract just before the end of last season. Nolan already has reputation problems in the NHL for things other than coaching. He peeved a lot of people off and burned bridges in his late 30's-mid 40's.

Now that Nolan is coaching and losing with a terrible team, his coaching skills are unfairly going to be looked upon negatively. Fair or not, I think he's starting to realize it himself. At Wednesday's practice, he put the players through h*ll. I'll bet most of them hadn't seen a practice like that since they played in juniors.

As for Hodgson, who the heck knows why he isn't producing. The excuse of being on a crappy team can only go so far as an explanation for anybody. There are plenty of skilled players on good and bad teams that produce once the puck hits their sticks. They even put Cody back at Centre for a couple of games. Hodgson is supposed to be that kind of player but so far this year he isn't.

I'm sure there are plenty of secret and not so secret CoHo fanbois who blame everybody else on the team, but the truth is, Cody hasn't looked good at all this year. That will most likely change at some point, but for now he's in the coach's dog house along with a few other players.

Failing coach needs a whipping boy.

Lots of CDC paperback writers love to whip Cody for their pleasures.

Nolan in deep early in the season with the worst record in the league.

Hodgson made into a winger for the first time since he was in Bantam and Nolan screaming "You're not producing!"

Last time I checked Cody was receiving 8 minutes of ice time and wasn't playing center because the team has six of them on the active roster-one being the Golden Boy Reinhart ,whom has not produced on the score sheet as hoped.

You see,Ted,it's you that is responsible so stop screaming/threatening Tootsie style and figure out how to use your players properly or you will be the interim coach.

Failing coach needs a whipping boy.

Lots of CDC paperback writers love to whip Cody for their pleasures.

Nolan in deep early in the season with the worst record in the league.

Hodgson made into a winger for the first time since he was in Bantam and Nolan screaming "You're not producing!"

Last time I checked Cody was receiving 8 minutes of ice time and wasn't playing center because the team has seven of them on the active roster.

Might want to address that,Ted,or somebody is going to be screaming at you in a moment.

You see,Ted,it's you that is responsible so stop screaming and figure out how to win or you will remain the interim coach.

Last time I checked, you haven't even seen him take a single shift this year or last year.

Last time I checked, you haven't even seen him take a single shift this year or last year.

Just curious,Amish,but just whom/what did you check with?

Might want to put Matt Moulson to your hit list. Two assists in 11 games played,-6 and a $6m paycheck is not exactly meeting,never mind exceeding expectations.

2.5 X the minutes Hodgson received tonight and Hodgson is not even playing his natural position while putting up the same points totals.

Archived