The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canadiens @ Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

yes it's exciting but the team still needs to work on it's defense

it has been getting better but still pretty sloppy at times we are winning because of offense right now

But that's my point,

Hockey should be played with reckless abandon, at least hockey you expect people to pay to see. The coaches are not the stars the players are, I want to see them showcase their talent, not to see how well a coach can suppress it.

Come watch a few LA kings games down here, then tell me you want them to tighten it up. The Kings are the most boring team i have ever seen in my life (Aside from the 90's, everyone was boring then)

But I guess it's all about priorities, I prioritize entertainment over wins. I like the journey not the destination. I know not everyone feels that way.

Come watch a few LA kings games down here, then tell me you want them to tighten it up. The Kings are the most boring team i have ever seen in my life (Aside from the 90's, everyone was boring then)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHB_XpMXg-A

Yeah....totally boring...

Edler seems to be getting his groove back. There was that bad play on the PP, but he played fine otherwise.

Right. It is important not to overeact to one shift. On that PP in OT Edler made three pretty bad plays. But he had a solid game and every player has at least one bad shift.

It is nice to see that WD's patience with players is paying off. Tortarella was so impatient and so quick to criticize that some guys never had a chance to find their game or build chemistry with line-mates.

Sbisa and Weber have improved over the season. The Matthias/Richardson/Kassian line is much better than it was, and the same applies to the second line.

Faceoffs are still a problem, but the team is coming around. Hard to see a spot for Horvat right now. And it made sense to send Corrado back to Utica. No way he cracks the line-up right now.

Fraaaaaaaccccckkkkkk!!!! Damn midterms made me miss out from going to this entire Eastern Conference home stand and looks like I missed the best game, seeming like a thriller >:[[[[[

Canadiens-Canucks is always great and I just knew I would miss a great game....$@$:@-&#^}?!!=*!!!!!

(...oh well, at least the team won :):( )

Edler was making crisp passes all night long, he just boggled one on the powerplay and followed it up with another mistake. I was watching him very closely and he probably only made 2 or 3 mistakes all night long, which didn't cost the team because most of the time they were safe mistakes to make. He has hands-down been our most solid D-man all year long. 4 points in 10 games and a +3 player.

Meanwhile Hamhuis has 3 assists and is a minus 3 or 4, and Bieksa has 1 assist and an embarassing -8.

Edler and Tanev have been holding this defence together so far this season, which is the opposite of years past. I think Hamhuis and Bieksa need to switch up their play and play with a younger defenceman each because right now they're clearly struggling with each other. They've been scored against in just about every game.

Meanwhile Sbisa and Weber played very well together. Whenever one made a pinch or mistake, the other covered up for them perfectly. That's what you get when you have two Swiss players who have played together before, one LD one RD, one offensive and one defensive defenceman. Right now they're a better pairing than Hamhuis and Bieksa.

To fix the two veterans I'd like to see us try this:

Edler - Tanev

Stanton - Bieksa

Hamhuis - Sbisa/Weber

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHB_XpMXg-A

Yeah....totally boring...

Dude,

either you weren't around then and have no idea how bad the on ice product got by decades end

Or you know full well the B.S didn't start until the Devil's won in 95'

The first half of the 90's was amazing,

Archived