The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Burrows to have phone hearing today.

SuperReverb2

From everything I've seen and read, it sounds like it will be 2 games maximum. It looks like Burrows lines up the shoulder but a last minute movement from Emelin lowers his head to that level. It's still a headshot and a late hit; However, there was no intent and Burrows is not a repeat offender. I've been known to get these things wrong before, but this is my take from info gathered to this point.

OMG, a flailing fall down. 3/10 Slowed down, every hit looks late...real time, he had JUST gotten rid of the puck and Burr follows through. But yeah, I suppose we'll start this nonsense again and he'll get 22 games. And Miller will get 5, for being in net at the time. Whatever. Because we are to play like princesses.

Honestly after allowing the Gryba incident to just go free not sure how Burrows can see more than a fine as he's not any kind of record like this.

Added the awesome montage of whiplash antics from the Habs over last years' playoffs should seal that.

It wasn't a pretty hit and it might have been a tad shady but 2 games would be a joke to a discipline group that has basically done well this year.

Again if the Gryba incident goes unpunished not sure how this can be a suspendable incident.

Edit* If this DOES get punished what is the explanation for Subban not getting 2 minutes for blatantly cross checking Daniel to the head more than once last night?

Emelin wasn't hurt, went to the dark room was checked out by the doc and was ok to play. Not a mark on his face from the so called big head shot from Burrows. The eastern media did their hatchet job so i expect 2 games, got to please the old boys club and the cult of the original 6.

I saw no source on this post, so I found one

It originates from Kypreos

#Canucks Burrows will face #NHL supplemental discipline regarding his hit on #Canadiens Emelin. Phone hearing expected to happen today.

Nothing from real sources, like McKenzie, Dreger, or the 100 or so much more honourable sources

2-3 games. The hit wasnt the best hit by Burrows. He was following through and Emelin put himself in a dangerous position but it was Burrows that ultimately made the hit to head. Luckily Emelin isnt injured so that doesnt get taken into account on the suspension.

So Horvat slides in without having to remove someone else? Or do we recall Jensen to add offense?

2-3 games. The hit wasnt the best hit by Burrows. He was following through and Emelin put himself in a dangerous position but it was Burrows that ultimately made the hit to head. Luckily Emelin isnt injured so that doesnt get taken into account on the suspension.

So Horvat slides in without having to remove someone else? Or do we recall Jensen to add offense?

The ref was right there and didn't see it that way.

Never liked how the league takes injury into consideration. If the hit is illegal, then punish it based on that

Tom Sestito

Probably Not A Canucks Regular

• photo-thumb-89421.jpg?_r=1389744528
  • Members
  • bullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.png
  • 3,206 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 04:54 PM

My constant Burrows bashing hasn't worked.

I wouldn't ever expect you to see it any other way, Tom.

Archived