The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kassian for Hodgson now ?

Guest Cuporbust2

Hodgson is also playing for a pretty bad team. Re visit this trade in another couple of years when Buffalo gets McDavid.

Thats what he wanted though. He wanted to be a 1st/2nd line Centre in the NHL.

One of the worst teams in the league should be where he can get that 1st line duty right? Wrong.

Nolan came out to the media and point blank said Hodgson isn't a good centre. Tyler Ennis was put in as 1st line centre in his place.

Put a true 1st line centre on the Sabres and they can still produce.

For all those saying that Kassian brings the "intangibles", how often does it actually brings something?

For a big and strong guy, he is certainly weak along the boards. His forechecking isn't even as aggressive as Hansen.

Sure, we see flashes here and there, but he's very inconsistent. For a younger player wanting to be in the good books, proving to everyone he's giving 100%, he does does float to the benches and backchecks poorly.

Beat that horse. Go ahead, beat it 'til it's dead, then beat it again. Beat it so dead that your beating stick breaks in two and you can then double beat that dead horse with your two beating sticks. Now your arms are tired but.. gotta beat that horse, but differently (so your arms don't get so tired) and now you kick that horse. Go ahead boy, kick the horse, it won't kick you back: because it's soooo dead. One dead horse, two tired arms, and two dirty shoes.

Its laughable people are craping on Hodgson, the team sucks the entire team including -6 ennis. Why in the world are people putting that at the feet of a 24 year old?

Buffalo has lots of high picks are any of them succeeding with that team, that management, that coach? NOPE

Hodgson on the canucks was challenging for rookie of the year. Hodgson with Vanek and Pominville was producing just fine.

Both have been non existent up to this point. Neither one has really done anything on there respective team.

This is kinda it, we both lost the trade. Both teams thought they were getting a top line player and both teams are still...........................

Its laughable people are craping on Hodgson, the team sucks the entire team including -6 ennis. Why in the world are people putting that at the feet of a 24 year old?

Buffalo has lots of high picks are any of them succeeding with that team, that management, that coach? NOPE

Hodgson on the canucks was challenging for rookie of the year. Hodgson with Vanek and Pominville was producing just fine.

One correction. Of course most of the high picks aren't succeeding the NHL. They need to play in the NHL first. Nearly all of the picks are still in juniors, college/university, or the AHL.

I understand what you are trying to say, but you lose credibility when you don't get the facts straight.

Plain and simple, the Sabres are tanking this year and Murray is keeping the previous high picks away from the losing atmosphere. Unfortunately for Cody, he's old enough to be smack dab in the middle of it and by the time the Sabres' high round talent matures, Cody will be damaged goods unless he picks up his game playing with what is there now.

One correction. Of course most of the high picks aren't succeeding the NHL. They need to play in the NHL first. Nearly all of the picks are still in juniors, college/university, or the AHL.

I understand what you are trying to say, but you lose credibility when you don't get the facts straight.

Plain and simple, the Sabres are tanking this year and Murray is keeping the previous high picks away from the losing atmosphere. Unfortunately for Cody, he's old enough to be smack dab in the middle of it and by the time the Sabres' high round talent matures, Cody will be damaged goods unless he picks up his game playing with what is there now.

I think my credibility is just fine

Ennis

Myers

Ristolainen

Girgensons

Hodgson

all first round picks playing/played this year and none of them being crapped on like Hodgson.. if anyone thinks Kassian would be doing better on that team they are insane.. meanwhile Hodgson was in the rookie of the year race on this team when traded while Kassian has yet to do much at all 3 years later.

I think my credibility is just fine

Ennis

Myers

Ristolainen

Girgensons

Hodgson

all first round picks playing/played this year and none of them being crapped on like Hodgson.. if anyone thinks Kassian would be doing better on that team they are insane.. meanwhile Hodgson was in the rookie of the year race on this team when traded while Kassian has yet to do much at all 3 years later.

That's not exactly what you said. I've seen you muddle facts in threads with other people in the past while trying to defend a tenuous position. You said "lots of high picks".

Tyler Ennis was drafted in 2008.

Myers was drafted in 2008.

Hodgson was drafted in 2008.

At some point these "high picks" aren't referred to as high picks. Six years down the road is enough time to just refer to them as veteran players.

The Sabres are icing a team with plenty of AHL level veteran talent in an effort to make a run at McDavid/Eichel.

Hodgson, I still have hope for. There is 69-70 games left on the schedule to play. I think both Hodgson and Kassian have the ability to pick up their respective games.

This post is just an early attempt by the OP to try and dump on an old trade. He failed to take notice through his fanboi glasses that neither player is tearing up the ice right now.

This discussion is pointless this early in a season. This is a message board and if people want to talk about it then that's fine. I think it's a waste of time, but since I'm wasting time responding to the subject as well, I can't exactly "cast the first stone".

In other words he needs guys around him to make him better as opposed to him making those around him better.

Hodgson being bad this season shouldn't make us feel better about Kassian.

Kassian needs to step it up himself, otherwise it's just two players having average seasons, and no one is really gaining.

You are never going to admit you were wrong about it are you? Kassian has more points than Hodgson this year and Cody plays powerplay. Kassian doesnt

Of course Kassian owns Hodgson in every other way so Hodgson apologists run to 'points only' . All of a sudden hockey is about nothing else than points when discussing Hodgson so its framed in the best (only) way for him.

Your answer is .................' the argument isnt going my way so I will invalidate the whole thing.and call it a wash............

Look on the bright side. At least you didn't retro spin and claim that Cody would have developed better here if he was just allowed to play 5 on 3 with the Sedins blah blah blah revisionist this revisionist that.

That wont do.

Not sure how Canucks fans justify slighting a former Vancouver Canuck with a record of consistently scoring 20 NHL goals per season at 24 years of age.

At some point in time doesn't bashing a young man that played NHL hockey for this club seem mean spirited in some small,rarely used,far off corner of your brain?

The biggest thing to me is the ATTITUDE!

Kassian doesn't whine or cry about wanting to get traded. He knows he's lucky enough to get a chance to play. So he makes the best of it.

Cody acted like he was a celebrity and everyone should kiss his arse!

He got what he wanted... now he should be happy!

now now let's be fair. Hodgson has scored *far* more goals that Kassian at this point. That being said, he was forced to be a 1st liner on debatably the worst team in the NHL, so I think he got his chances more than the vast majority of people in his position receive. I'm still hoping Kassian develops like Bert and has a break out year at 24-25 years old! He seems to be getting better at least

For all those saying that Kassian brings the "intangibles", how often does it actually brings something?

For a big and strong guy, he is certainly weak along the boards. His forechecking isn't even as aggressive as Hansen.

Sure, we see flashes here and there, but he's very inconsistent. For a younger player wanting to be in the good books, proving to everyone he's giving 100%, he does does float to the benches and backchecks poorly.

You have literally no idea what you're talking about. Jesus Christ.. have you ever watched Kassian play?

Not sure how Canucks fans justify slighting a former Vancouver Canuck with a record of consistently scoring 20 NHL goals per season at 24 years of age.

At some point in time doesn't bashing a young man that played NHL hockey for this club seem mean spirited in some small,rarely used,far off corner of your brain?

I guess our definition of consistently differ.

People are just giving their opinion on a player not like they are blasting him for no reason.

Archived