The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks 5 - 2 Avalanche

-Vintage Canuck-

Horvat was solid, I didn't expect this good of a game from him, he made nice passes, in position and he went to the net. He also won faceoffs, I think he stays if he plays every game like this game. Junkyard Dog brought this up in the GDT. When Burrows comes back who sits? Matthias? He's playing well right now and scored a goal this game. Hansen? He isn't playing that bad and doesn't deserve to sit but he just might.

I love how we're playing, possession with the puck, pressure against the forwards and tight defence. The system is definitely working well, he might be a Jack Adams finalist if he gets this team to the semi-finals in the playoffs IMO. We're playing like we want to get the puck back as soon as possible while still covering any big play.

Horvat is looking like a player who might be that "Toews" type of player every team needs. Hard-working, simple, gritty player who also has a high level of hockey IQ and ability to make a big play with a pass or individual effort.

The Miller signing looks better and better. He's not 9-1 on the season and provides a good calming influence. Man, I liked Luongo but when he let in a couple goals we all knew the game was over. Miller just stood on his head and the Canucks eventually got their bounces. Great win.

That Stanton give away. I could see that going top corner on Lu and going down 3-0; gg.

It's not always how you start, but how you finish.

Bonino the sniper? Who would have thought?

Miller did what he had to do to give them a chance.

What can you say about Henrik? Clutch goal that was definitely the turning point.

Horvat with the game I was hoping for. Nothing spectacular, just solid.

On to San Jose!

Horvat was solid, I didn't expect this good of a game from him, he made nice passes, in position and he took the puck to the net. He also won faceoffs, I think he stays if he plays every game like this game. Junkyard Dog brought this up in the GDT. When Burrows comes back who sits? Matthias? He's playing well right now and scored a goal this game. Hansen? He isn't playing that bad and doesn't deserve to sit but he just might.

More importantly where does he play? Vey Higgins and Bones were lights out.

Archived