Mueller - Burns

Hannan - Demers

Niemi

Stalock

114381001.jpg

Nov514_BTL_17_slide.jpg

Looking forward to what the potential lines could be. Hoping for-

Sedins - Vrbata

Higgins - Bonino - Vey (thought they played really well)

Matthias - Richardson - Kassian (dont want to mess with the chemistry)

Dorsett - Horvat - Burrows (Dorsett over Hansen for Physicality)

Burrows eager to return-

More behind the lens here -

http://canucks.nhl.com/club/gallery.htm?id=48768

GO CANUCKS GO !!!!! :towel::towel::canucks::towel: :towel:

Ah man, after the last couple of games, I have no idea who we should bench for this one....

Can anyone remember the last time that was an issue?

Never as a matter of fact. 4th line has always been composed of AHLer/plug fill ins.

I remember when JB signed, one of the first things he said off the bat was he would create internal competition on the roster, specifically the bottom 6. Said he'd have a number of players all capable of being in the lineup which motivates players to play at their best. If not, there's always someone knocking ready to take your spot of you slip up.

I give recognition to JB for this. Created the formula for healthy competition on the roster and it's clearly paid off. As for who gets the scratch, I'd say it's Hansen/Matthias/Bo in that order. Almost certainly guess it'll be Hansen due to size/versatility/skill reasons, he's the odd man out and Shawn+Bo can take draws, especially Bo.

Never as a matter of fact. 4th line has always been composed of AHLer/plug fill ins.

I remember when JB signed, one of the first things he said off the bat was he would create internal competition on the roster, specifically the bottom 6. Said he'd have a number of players all capable of being in the lineup which motivates players to play at their best. If not, there's always someone knocking ready to take your spot of you slip up.

I give recognition to JB for this. Created the formula for healthy competition on the roster and it's clearly paid off. As for who gets the scratch, I'd say it's Hansen/Matthias/Bo in that order. Almost certainly guess it'll be Hansen due to size/versatility/skill reasons, he's the odd man out and Shawn+Bo can take draws, especially Bo.

2011 should have had a really solid fourth going into the playoffs, with the bottom 6 looking like:

Torres Malhotra Hansen

Higgins Lapierre Tambellini

With Glass, Oreskovich and Hodgson as sub ins.

Malhotra going down meant Lapierre was promoted and Glass became 4th line centre again. After losing Samuelsson Higgins was no longer on the 4th either. Injuries ruined us.

I don't envy Willie D. Who sits? Hansen, Dorsett, Bo? Do they split up Higgins Vey and Bones who played really well last night?

Bo sits if you ask me... Hansen was great last night. Especially that shift he played with the twins. His screen was vital to getting that goal.

No need to rush Bo reaching his 9 games while we got guys healthy. So definitely don't sit Hansen or Dorsett when Bo can.

Bo sits if you ask me... Hansen was great last night. Especially that shift he played with the twins. His screen was vital to getting that goal.

No need to rush Bo reaching his 9 games while we got guys healthy. So definitely don't sit Hansen or Dorsett when Bo can.

That's not a bad idea. It's probably a good idea to get Burrows in the lineup sooner than later so he doesn't lose positive momentum from sitting for so long.

So we'll need to faceoff ability of Bo so he should play, but Hansen's speed against San Jose is also vital, and Dorsett scored the equalizer last game. Bonino has 2 goals, Higgins 2 assists and Vey was great and is Willies guy. Richardson/Mathias/Kassian are strong and have great chem.

So my pick for next game.

Play 13 forwards, 5 defensemen.

Sedin-Sedin-Vrbata

Higgins-Bonino-Burrows/Vey

Mathias-Richardson-Kassian/Burrows

Dorsett-Horvat-Hansen/Vey

Vey-XXXXXX-XXXXX

Edler-Tanev

Hamhuis-Bieksa

Sbisa

Miller

or we could just play with 6 attackers the whole game :bigblush: .

Ah man, after the last couple of games, I have no idea who we should bench for this one....

Can anyone remember the last time that was an issue?

Looks like #29's injury was a blessing in disguise... one less Top Sixtito to consider.

Really though I'd think it'd be either Hansen or Horvat. Nothing against Jannik who's heart and soul but Dorset's on a hot streak (4 pt. in 4 GP) and Vey's also a contributing part of the 1st PP unit. Meanwhile we honestly have enough two-way guys and Bo could be a face-off ace to play with Linden on the 4th line. Also it's quite the luxury and upgrade from the days of Andrew Ebbett to have Hansen as a #13 guy, who can fill in anywhere from the 1st to 4th line. Of course over the long run it'd be interesting to see how the minutes are allotted to keep everyone happy but for now it's a great thing to see this embarrassment of riches (maybe Shawn Matthias would have cooled down by then).

Danny - Hank - Vrbata

Higgins - Bones - Burr

Matthias - Rich - Kass

Dorset - Bo-Ho - Vey

/ Hansen, Sestito

Archived