The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks recall Nicklas Jensen

-Vintage Canuck-

Oh gee, they didn't call up Ben Ferrerio or some other plug like in the Gillis era? I'm shocked.

It's nice to see our management giving the young players a proper shot.

to be fair in the first 2-3 years of gillis's regime who would you have wanted them to call up? Taylor ellington or patrick white?

This callup is a bit puzzling to me since the only reported injury is kassian, where does jensen fit in and for who?

to be fair in the first 2-3 years of gillis's regime who would you have wanted them to call up? Taylor ellington or patrick white?

This callup is a bit puzzling to me since the only reported injury is kassian, where does jensen fit in and for who?

Vrbata might be out aswell

Even if Vrbata is injured, it's still strange to recall Jensen.

I would assume Burrows moves up with the Twins, Vey moves up with Bonino, Hansen on the third and Dorsett on the fourth and a fourth liner would be recalled.

Otherwise it would be something like this

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows/Jensen

Higgins-Bonino-Burrows/Jensen

Matthias-Richie-Vey

Jansen-Horvat-Dorsett

Hey i'm not complaining if Jensen is in the top 6/9, i've wanted this from the start.

Im guessing both Kass and Vrbata may be out

Given the coaches dont seem like to break up combinations, but would rather replace the injured roster player with the incoming player, I see:

sedin sedin jensen

higgins bonino burrows

matthias richardson vey

dorsett horvat hansen

They definately dont want to stop rolling 4 lines, and I believe that they would like to avoid pairing any of Jensen, Vey, and Horvat together.

#Canucks recall Nicklas Jensen from @UticaComets. Release to follow. pic.twitter.com/UvgcoT9Bjj

B13MMaLCQAA7x4y.jpg

So does this mean that Vrbata is more injured than it appeared last night? I am excited to see him in the lineup for sure!

I think if given Vrbata and Kassian are out it will look like this:

Sedins - Jensen (He looked awesome with Hank last season)

Higgins - Bonino - Burrows (Cant break them up, they are doing well together)

Matthias - Richardson - Vey

Dorsett - Horvat - Hansen

Archived