The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks @ Kings

-Vintage Canuck-

can't wait til 3 to 4 years from now when the new generation of Canucks are NHL ready. We'll be big then and LA can kiss our asses.

Mind you LA used to kiss our asses for years before 2012.

As long as Sutter is there, the Kings are going to be a bitch of a team to play against.

Big boys rolled over the little boys. But that's Ok, cause Horvat had himself a hell of a game.

Keeping in mind LA is the defending Cup champs, and one of the leagues best face-off teams over last few years.

Bo took a team leading 20 draws, every single one of them in his OWN zone. Yes. That might be a record. When you see that type of zone deployment, you expect that person to have a horrific Corsi (puck possession stats). Esp when their most common line mates are 2 possession sinkers like Richardson/Matthias. But Horvat came out good.

I'd like to see Horvat with 2 actual line mates who don't sink him. He's a rookie so the odds are against him already. Put him with Hansen and Kassian, or even Dorsett. I think this kid could stick in the line up.

Our game just doesn't work with these guys. We need to play full D and don't give them any chances to score.

No, the Canucks need to score on the power play, and then lock it down. The PP was the only time the Canucks had any real chance to score before it was 5-0.

Big boys rolled over the little boys. But that's Ok, cause Horvat had himself a hell of a game.

Keeping in mind LA is the defending Cup champs, and one of the leagues best face-off teams over last few years.

Bo took a team leading 20 draws, every single one of them in his OWN zone. Yes. That might be a record. When you see that type of zone deployment, you expect that person to have a horrific Corsi (puck possession stats). Esp when their most common line mates are 2 possession sinkers like Richardson/Matthias. But Horvat came out good.

I'd like to see Horvat with 2 actual line mates who don't sink him. He's a rookie so the odds are against him already. Put him with Hansen and Kassian, or even Dorsett. I think this kid could stick in the line up.

Com'on now. Mattias and Richardson are good too.

I stopped watching after I couldn't see through the tears, but the NHL.com says that Horvat took 14 draws in the neutral zone (7 of which he won). I specifically remember a draw he took there in the 2nd period.

t6qo45.png

dg18pc.png

A season/career high 14:54 TOI for Bo Horvat. 0:45 of which was on the penalty kill. He started the game quite poorly on faceoffs but finished at 55%. It's pretty encouraging to see he one 4-of-6 defensive zone draws (67%).

If Vey can't win any face-offs he shouldn't take any.

Vrbata 10:40. He hurt?

Dorsett 7:42. He hurt?

Also saw something about Sbisa late in game?

And Kassian out already.

Damn, it doesn't get easier for the guys to stay healthy with this back-to-back on the road bs.

All hurt. But Vrbata is for precautionary reason as he was playing hurt already.

Also, does Cali have bad ice? I don't wanna make excuses but it's like they can complete 2 good passes in a row.

Yes, I also noticed early on how our players are all out of sync. It might have been the ice. It was covered for a NBA game until a few hours before the start of the game. Can't imagine it was a good ice out there.

Archived