The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hansen

Bakewalk

we have plenty of 3rd line grinders, and it's gotton old. Hansen isnt going to show more than he has. Not big enough for a checking line, not talented enough for a scoring line. I really think we need to ship out a couple of our grinders. -burrows,Hansen,Matthais,Richardson, - at least 2 need to go.

Our whole teams setup needs to change. Grow some balls, call up a couple rookies... Was only a few years ago the Hawks "kid line" tore up the NHL as a 3rd line. They managed to out score their problems with a fast 3rd scoring line. With hammer gone we won't keep winning games like we have, our D is real shallow now and we're in trouble without some adjustments. ill reserve some judgement for tonight's game, but I predict a real contender like Chicago is going to cut through van and its current D like butter.

:towel:

Love the flamers. Ya, just quickly came up with a few stupid nicknames for HANSON. I don't care if I spell his name right, he sucks, get him out of our lineup. I'm probably wrong about his stats for this year, but I'm going to guess he has 3 goals this year. I know 1 was an empty net, another came in one of those losses to Col or Dal where we got blown out so the goal meant nothing. Does he even have a goal that has mattered? Got us back into a game? Tied it up?

He is terrible, and its good to see I'm not the only one who feels we should trade him for a draft pick or something along those lines and have a kid take his spot that will probably make more of a contribution than that plug.

hilarious

I'll fess up, I pegged Hansen as the odd man out if the line up was completely healthy. I appreciate his speed and defensive play, but he's never really been an offensive dynamo. Suffice to say, eating a bit of crow after the past three games. However, I will still say that I'd be surprised to see him maintain this. I think it's likely just a streak, but I'd be more than happy to be proven wrong again.

He may not be an offensive dynamo, but he is one of the most versatile players in the lineup. He is the perfect plug because he is capable of hot offensive streaks while maintaining excellent defensive and checking play. He can be used to plug holes in the lineup without disrupting the other lines, while being an excellent 3rd/4th line player when the team is healthier.

Archived