The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Fight to Keep Julien Blanche Out of Canada

Warhippy

I've never heard of this guy, but I watched his video, his ads and listened to about 3 minutes of his tripe before I couldn't stomach anymore of it.
What are your thoughts on this particular gem of humanity?
Australia successfully kept him from speaking. Can we?
==================================
  1. Late last week, controversial American "dating coach" / "pickup artist" Julien Blanc was forced to cut his Australian speaking tour short after the country's government revoked his visa.

While immigration minister Scott Morrison confirmed that Blanc was removed from Australia for "putting forward abuse that was derogatory to women," many are crediting a massive online campaign for alerting the government to Blanc's "pickup methods" in the first place.

Said methods, which Blanc teaches to men who seek advice on attracting women, include choking strangers out of the blue, "emotionally abusing" love interests, and simply forcing a woman's head toward one's crotch.

"[i was] romping through the streets just grabbing girls. Head, on d**k. Head, on d**k," he told a room full of men in a video that went viral last week.

"If you're a white male? You can do what you want. Just grab her," he said during the recorded seminar on how to pick up women in Tokyo. "I pull her in, and she just kind of laughs and giggles. And all you have to say to like, take the pressure off is just yell 'Pikachu' or 'Pokémon' or 'Tamagotchi' or something."
  2. "Pick-Up Artist" pushing Japanese women's heads down to his crotch 白人が日本で大暴れ「日本ではHしほうだい」(字幕)
  3. Following the video's spread last week, the hashtag#takedownjulienblanc was used nearly 50,000 times as outraged Twitter users beckoned Australian businesses and government officials to help put and end to Blanc's ongoing Australian tour.

Thousands more signed an online petition addressing Morrison directly, while others protested his seminars by holding demonstrations in Melbourne. Hotels booked by Blanc's company, Real Social Dynamics, began cancelling his events one by one.

While many around the web cried victory when Victoria police confirmed (via Twitter) that Blanc had left Australia, others are nowcalling for an end to pickup artist culture in general and to "rape culture seminars" like his worldwide.

Real Social Dynamics' website currently shows hundreds of upcoming pick-up artist seminars and 'bootcamps' (costing up to $2500 a pop) scheduled around the world — many of them already sold out.

And much to the chagrin of many Canadians who've been following Blanc's story, a series of free seminars hosted by the companyincludes stops in Montreal, Toronto, Vancouver and Calgary.

While it is not yet known if Blanc will be attending these events, Canadians have already started petitioning Canada's immigration minister Chris Alexander to bar him from entering the country.
    "Julien Blanc and his group, RSD (Real Social Dynamics) are a group of sexist and racist 'pickup artists,' who have made a living by teaching men how to violate women through physical and emotional abuse," reads a Change.org petition created Sunday. "RSD creates, spreads, and endorses content that is 'excessively violent, incites violence, threatens violence, contains harassing content or hate speech, creates a risk to a person’s safety or health, or public safety or health,' and is clearly 'malicious, fraudulent, morally repugnant.'
    More than 2,300 people have since signed the petition, which is addressed to Alexander, and approximately 1,400 more have used the hashtag #KeepJulienBlancOutofCanada on Twitter to express their thoughts on why Blanc should not be allowed to host seminars here.
    As of Sunday night, the hashtag was trending in Canada.
    1. In response to the controversy surrounding Blanc, an RSD co-founder who goes only by the name "Tyler" wrote the following in a forum post on the company's website.

"I think Julien's video was absolutely stupid. It was totally out of context and he posted it to get shock, not realizing the full outcome. I'm sorry about the video. I would have taken it down if I'd seen it, but don't monitor all social media postings."

Later in the post, however, he writes "Again sorry for the video. We don't condone it. Julien himself doesn't, and was an idiot trying to be inflammatory for posting it. He didn't teach that at the proper event, he clarified it there, but he cut it to look otherwise for shock which was stupid. All is good, we'll just keep doing what we're doing and have fun. :)"

Blanc himself has not publicly responded to the outcry.

As of Monday afternoon, both his Twitter and Instagram accounts had been set to private.

Many of his blog posts for RSD and older YouTube videos remain livehowever, as does his personal website pimpingmygame.com, which sells an online program designed by Blanc to "make girls BEG to sleep with you after short-circuiting their emotional and logical mind into a million reasons why they should..."

http://pimpingmygame.com/

http://www.rsdnation.com/julien/blog/god-my-side-intense-self-amusement-tactics-will-let-you-choke-girls-fun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9kOMn5kwII

Quite possibly the only thing more frightening than this D-Bags belief in himself is the fact that young "men" are literally lining up to take his seminars.

All of these types of companies deal with the occasional bad apple. I wouldn't worry about guys taking his courses trying to learn how to rape women; usually the type of guys who sign up for those seminars are the kind of guys who are too shy or socially awkward to talk to women.

Disclaimer: I've met one of the other executive instructors for this particular company socially a few of times and found him to be a pretty good guy and certainly good at his job.

I have a great idea, let's ban a guy who's practically a shock comic, because we're so smart we like to give attention to someone who doesn't deserve it. Do something, government! Someone may take this guy seriously, even though no person with a brain should!

Letting him in and not going to any of his "seminars" would send a far stronger message than going the Australia we-like-our nanny government route of crying for government to censor words or images you don't want to hear or see.

But, as usual, gotta look to government to make decisions for us we're evidently too stupid to make on our own.

I have a great idea, let's ban a guy who's practically a shock comic, because we're so smart we like to give attention to someone who doesn't deserve it. Do something, government! Someone may take this guy seriously, even though no person with a brain should!

B2A4WpECYAAaR16.jpg

This is comedy?

B2A4WpECYAAaR16.jpg

This is comedy?

Given the intended audience and understanding the subject matter a little, I think it was intended as a joke. It wasn't appropriate and it shouldn't have been posted due to being in extremely poor taste, but I hope it was intended as a joke.

For the record, I find this to be neither funny nor acceptable.

I take it you've never listened to or watched Anthony Jeselnik.

Oh I have, but while standing on a stage or pulpit/soapbox and spewing nonsense is one thing.

it is entirely different to be promoting this in a club in front of young intoxicated males. Showing them the literal hands on approach of grabbing an intoxicated girl around the throat and proclaiming this is ok, you will get laid.

The next generation sadly by and large doesn't seem intelligent enough to discern what could be considered satire as opposed to genuine advice.

I should reiterate that while I find this kind of crap reprehensible and advocating rape/violence as an okay thing against women something that should be met with a solid punch in the teeth,

That I only posted this so people would see the latest social outcry sweeping the country. Next week I am sure it will be something entirely different, probably back to politics, or something.

A lot of stand-up comics say a lot worse stuff.

If people took this guy like the joke he was, his act would be hilarious.

It's up to people to decide if they agree with what they are hearing. And if anyone is actually taking what this guy says seriously, then they are going to have issues regardless if they watch him speak or not.

http://pimpingmygame.com/

http://www.rsdnation.com/julien/blog/god-my-side-intense-self-amusement-tactics-will-let-you-choke-girls-fun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9kOMn5kwII

Quite possibly the only thing more frightening than this D-Bags belief in himself is the fact that young "men" are literally lining up to take his seminars.

These pickups artist seminars are geared towards guys that are completely lost with women, and are lacking any sort of confidence. I've read some of their advice, some of it is true if blatantly obvious (confidence is important! be cool!). But they also teach these desperate young men to hate women, that somehow dating is some sort of power struggle where you're competing against women instead of trying to get along with them. They also use ridiculous terminology and over analyze basic social interactions. Even if he is joking, his market is extremely impressionable and there's a lot of people that may take him too seriously.

These pickups artist seminars are geared towards guys that are completely lost with women, and are lacking any sort of confidence. I've read some of their advice, some of it is true if blatantly obvious (confidence is important! be cool!). But they also teach these desperate young men to hate women, that somehow dating is some sort of power struggle where you're competing against women instead of trying to get along with them. They also use ridiculous terminology and over analyze basic social interactions. Even if he is joking, his market is extremely impressionable and there's a lot of people that may take him too seriously.

Strongly disagree there; the idea generally is to be having fun during the whole interaction with the woman, which isn't really possible if you don't like women. Where the hatred of women comes from for SOME guys is the weird stuff they see happen. And that's more of a lack of trust than an actual hatred. As for the over-analyzing, that's really limited to the guys who are just learning how things work and aren't very good.

Shouldn't be on the ban list just cause of this.

I've noticed that it's mostly ugly/fat women and flamboyant white knights complaining about it.

So sick of all this "PUBLIC OUTRAGE!!!" over every minor issue.

Bingo. People are so bored nowadays (/firstworldproblems) they have nothing better to do than find things to be offended by.

That's funny right there, those seminars were back in June weren't they? According to that one link, anyhow. I wonder if the douchebag thinks these techniques work on any woman? Because if he tried with mine, if we were out...I can guarantee his chiclets would be splattered all across the fucking floor.

Letting him in and not going to any of his "seminars" would send a far stronger message than going the Australia we-like-our nanny government route of crying for government to censor words or images you don't want to hear or see.

But, as usual, gotta look to government to make decisions for us we're evidently too stupid to make on our own.

That's the problem. Many people are too stupid to exercise good descretion anymore. The lines of decency and good sense have been blurred. This guys' obviously about the money. Outrageous social media hysteria is priceless free advertising. Should we legislate morality? No. Should we call out dbags and their followers? Well if it makes one lonely loser stop and think a minute then I guess it can't hurt.

Archived