The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Fight to Keep Julien Blanche Out of Canada

Warhippy

A lot of stand-up comics say a lot worse stuff.

If people took this guy like the joke he was, his act would be hilarious.

It's up to people to decide if they agree with what they are hearing. And if anyone is actually taking what this guy says seriously, then they are going to have issues regardless if they watch him speak or not.

But stand up comics are billed as such, and this guy clearly isn't - particularly when he has the bootcamps for $2500 a pop. Some people are deciding they don't agree with what they're hearing, and they're disagreeing so vehemently that they're protesting even his entry into the country.

That's the problem. Many people are too stupid to exercise good descretion anymore. The lines of decency and good sense have been blurred. This guys' obviously about the money. Outrageous social media hysteria is priceless free advertising. Should we legislate morality? No. Should we call out dbags and their followers? Well if it makes one lonely loser stop and think a minute then I guess it can't hurt.

This, but I'm less worried about the lonely losers than I am about the popular and privileged who take advantage of women against their consent and treat 'lessons' like this as if they are all in good fun. Change has to start somewhere.

It's like joking you should hang black people as a part of a seminar. Or like accepting Ann Coulter as an intelligent person.

That's funny right there, those seminars were back in June weren't they? According to that one link, anyhow. I wonder if the douchebag thinks these techniques work on any woman? Because if he tried with mine, if we were out...I can guarantee his chiclets would be splattered all across the ???? floor.

Not sure about this particular guy, but I know a guy in the Pickup Artist business and he makes good money doing it. So yeah, I'd say some of this stuff (sadly) does work.

I watched the video of that Julien guy, and honestly, I think a random guy grabbing your head and stuffing it in his crotch is one of those occasions where kicking him in the nads would be justified.

This, but I'm less worried about the lonely losers than I am about the popular and privileged who take advantage of women against their consent and treat 'lessons' like this as if they are all in good fun. Change has to start somewhere.

You won't find any of those guys in a "seminar". They're out there doing what they do best on their own already.

It's like joking you should hang black people as a part of a seminar. Or like accepting Ann Coulter as an intelligent person

OK now you've gone too far.

But stand up comics are billed as such, and this guy clearly isn't - particularly when he has the bootcamps for $2500 a pop. Some people are deciding they don't agree with what they're hearing, and they're disagreeing so vehemently that they're protesting even his entry into the country.

It's like joking you should hang black people as a part of a seminar. Or like accepting Ann Coulter as an intelligent person.

Popular and privileged people that already know how to talk to women (whether they are rapists or not) would never shell out 2500 bucks to learn "secrets" that are either obvious to any normal person or completely made up.

Not sure about this particular guy, but I know a guy in the Pickup Artist business and he makes good money doing it. So yeah, I'd say some of this stuff (sadly) does work.

I watched the video of that Julien guy, and honestly, I think a random guy grabbing your head and stuffing it in his crotch is one of those occasions where kicking him in the nads would be justified.

I'm just saying that hitting on married women is the best way to get shit kicked, sleeping with them is a good way to get a bullet in the head.

It's actually funny, in the town I live in someone thought he was pretty good sleeping with the toughest guy in towns wife. Well a year almost 2 years later he still gets beat up. They ran into eachother in Wal-Mart & the guy got knocked out in front of his kids and the guy wailed in him after he was knocked out just so "that he'd feel it when he woke up". It's happened probably 8 or 9 times and I laugh every time I hear about it.

I hope they ban Julien Blanche from entry...more to see the outrage of the people who get outraged when people get outraged. They're my favorite kind of mad.

"I'm mad that you're mad cuz someone is wrong on the internet."

I hope they ban the people that support banning Julien Blanche. That way we get to see more outrage from the people who are already outraged and want to ban someone they could just ignore. So if we ban the people who are outraged, and the outraged people are into bannings, then they should totally support the banning of people who are so outraged they'd want to ban someone.

mqdefault.jpg

Alright.. let's go out and play some hockey

Yes. Use the government to ban someone who can be held as a scapegoat for the idiocy that can be loosely pinned to the said banned person. Makes a lot of sense in government being mommy. :rolleyes:

I hope they ban the people that support banning Julien Blanche. That way we get to see more outrage from the people who are already outraged and want to ban someone they could just ignore. So if we ban the people who are outraged, and the outraged people are into bannings, then they should totally support the banning of people who are so outraged they'd want to ban someone.

Now THIS! ^ This is perfect. I like it. :lol: Reminds me of Greg Gutfelds book "The Joy of Hate". An excellent book on the phony outrage.

He offends me! Well, I'm offended that he offends you! Well that offends me! What?? Well I'm offended that you're offended at me being offended at wanting to ban someone that offended him! : :D

You won't find any of those guys in a "seminar". They're out there doing what they do best on their own already.

OK now you've gone too far.

Sure, but the more these types of ideas are 'acceptable' or in the very least don't illicit a negative response from everyone who hears them, they're the ones that are doing the damage for the most part.

And yes, I added Coulter as a means to get a response, but also because she's had the same reaction with people wanting to ban her from speaking in Canada. I dated a woman with the last name of Coulter for a while and her dad was a highly educated, very intelligent, progressive guy and he absolutely hated to have her besmirching the last name with her idiocy.

Popular and privileged people that already know how to talk to women (whether they are rapists or not) would never shell out 2500 bucks to learn "secrets" that are either obvious to any normal person or completely made up.

You don't think those people - let's use the stereotypical college quarterback who would have very little problem, but it could just as well be a figure in entertainment like we've seen more recently - don't abuse that power and still use force similar to what's described if they don't get their way? And that because they have that power and popularity they're less likely to face retribution?

It's the idea that these sentiments aren't met with a negative reaction from all people that gives them more power to continue doing what they're doing.

Maybe this should be a reminder of how things have changed and how certain sentiments shouldn't be acceptable in any venue:

cc507915a8116b482f2663d3c8e65bd6.jpeg

http://www.dose.com/lists/2633/22-Vintage-Ads-Designed-To-Keep-Women-In-Their-Place-The-Last-One-Hit-Me-So-Hard#

Or this one (you can bet the double meaning was intended):

7ce865fb72fe978dd3f4d8a2c9cfbd5c.jpeg

Sure, but the more these types of ideas are 'acceptable' or in the very least don't illicit a negative response from everyone who hears them, they're the ones that are doing the damage for the most part.

And yes, I added Coulter as a means to get a response, but also because she's had the same reaction with people wanting to ban her from speaking in Canada. I dated a woman with the last name of Coulter for a while and her dad was a highly educated, very intelligent, progressive guy and he absolutely hated to have her besmirching the last name with her idiocy.

Maybe this should be a reminder of how things have changed and how certain sentiments shouldn't be acceptable in any venue:

cc507915a8116b482f2663d3c8e65bd6.jpeg

http://www.dose.com/lists/2633/22-Vintage-Ads-Designed-To-Keep-Women-In-Their-Place-The-Last-One-Hit-Me-So-Hard#

11/10 would spank

I hope they ban Julien Blanche from entry...more to see the outrage of the people who get outraged when people get outraged. They're my favorite kind of mad.

"I'm mad that you're mad cuz someone is wrong on the internet."

I actually spit tea out of my nose chuckling at this

I take it you've never listened to or watched Anthony Jeselnik.

Love me some Jeselnik, but I didn't think this guy was being sarcastic. I could be wrong? Either way, if you want to get a girlfriend just be a decent human being who makes a decent amount of money it's not that hard.

If he's not condoning rape or sexual harassment or whatever, I'd prefer the government focus on slightly more important things than this random dude telling 20 somethings how to get laid.

Archived