The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Please send Horvat down for the sake of the kids confidence!

desiboynux4lifee*******

Just send him down for the sake of this kids confidence. Name any player you seen in the Nhl who played 5 minutes a night and developed. If the Canuck's are trying to go the Courtier way they are failing big time. I have seen this story many times from this management. Well Hodgson,Grabner,Schroder come to my mind all former 1st rounders.

Finally, the question is, is it our management who does not know how to draft? Or is it the Coaching who does not know how to develop young players. Because Curtis Lazar was picked up after Bo, and he played decent numbers tonight. Can we truly say that Horvat is not ready? when they gave him hardly any minutes to show us what he has. Tonight's game was the perfect opportunity to give Horvat decent minutes, because Ottawa's not a great team. But guess they felt putting him against the Stanley cup champions was a better indication? And against LA Horvat was one of the best forwards. So again, why does Horvat get benched? Does this coaching staff or management expect prospects to be perfect?

Playing a kid 5 minutes a night is a horrible way to develop. I think its time we as fans look at Ottawa's or Detroit's model and ask ourself's how they developed there prospects because we has fans have seen this way too many times. This is the time we need our youth to step up and they are still not given a fair chance.

He averaged just above 9 minutes a game before this one. Don't be hasty to send him down to junior just because he had one game where he didn't play more than 6 minutes. If he doesn't get at least 7/8 minutes averaged in the next 2/3 games then I think management plans on sending him down as they aren't confident in him.

Name a prospect we developed after 2011

Actually, it wasn't until 2011 that we started drafting well again after strike outs at several consecutive drafts. We've now had four straight solid drafts. The problem is, those kids are all 18-21 and not ready to play yet. The bad drafts of 07-10 are biting us now, as expected.

Name a prospect we developed after 2011

lol take a chill pill kid its only been 3 years. Jensen is close and Horvat is close. Gaunce is next arguably with Shinkaruk following up. Corrado is an up and comer on D.

We have been one of the best teams in the league over the last 4 years (save last year), we have been drafting 21st, 25th, 29th etc.. You aren't going to find many prospects in that range ready to jump into the NHL right away.

Coach Willie said Ottawa kept putting out one specific line, so he had to counter by putting the third line. It wasn't so much of an excuse just how it happened. He stated that once that line was getting its ice-time cut, it's hard to throw them back out there.

Sounds to me he knows what he's doing. Horvat does not look out of place. His chances will come, give it time.

If he's sent down, we won't see him until next year. Let the GM and coach work it out.

In the previous games he has more ice time. It didn't happen this game, but you don't send him down after one game of less ice time. He has worked hard and showed good potential, give him his shot. He was also playing on a line complete of rookies, so it wasn't exactly the safest line in a tight offensive game. Putting Horvat in on a different line would disrupt consistency, save the Sedins who are without Vrbata, but I don't think Horvat would benefit playing with them right now.

Stay calm and don't freakin' panic.

Archived