The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

worst nhl contract at moment

canuktravella

mmm have to say i think the worst is cody hodgson making 4.25 mill per for next five yrs tonight sabres scored 6 goals he wasnt involved in any of them even tho he plays 14 mins 2 points in 18 games minus ten is a absolute fail.

other notable horrendous contracts

semin 7m per for 3 yrs

eberle 6 mill per for five

pouliot 4 mill per for five yrs

orpik 5m 5yrs

Clarkson 5.25m 5 yrs

Phaneuf 7m 6 yrs

umberger 4.6 m 3 yrs

what do do you guys think is the new gomez award for worst contract currently?;)

In terms of value for player and not necessarily highest paid it HAS to be Engelland.

2.916 million for the next 3 years. He has already been a healthy scratch and is essentially a #7 spare D/enforcer.

He should be making 750-900K tops.

they are elite and earn their big paydays their 2 cups rings each prove that

That's like 30% of the cap

If they make 8-9M they free up 2-4M in cap space. You can have a pretty decent player for that much money.

I could accept 1 of those contracts on a team but not 2. I'm sorry but that is just too much of the pie.

Semin.

$7mil for 3 years and he hasn't scored in 13 games and is a -6 in that time. If he isn't scoring he is a liability to his team. His defensive skills and physical abilities are non-existant.

He's been a healthy scratch numerous times this season, and unless something changes soon will likely be a buyout candidate.

Clarkson. Worst contract possibly ever. Phaneuf is up there too, as well as all the big moves the caps and oilers made last summer. Also every contract ever that circumvented the cap that is still in effect... Weber's and Luongo's, as good as they are, the length and terms of both contracts are ludicrous. Though Luongo's is a lot more cap friendly then most.

Orpik is a #4 or #5 defenseman.

He's 34 years old, and he's a -5 this season. I wouldn't have taken him at 4m x 1 year, forget 5x5.

Semin's length is short, if Phaneuf makes 10% less it's probably not a bad contract. Only one I can see an argument being made for being worse is Clarkson's. I guarantee you if Orpik played in Toronto, he's the regarded in the media as the worst contract in the NHL.

Another stupid contract - Robidas 3x3.

That's like 30% of the cap

If they make 8-9M they free up 2-4M in cap space. You can have a pretty decent player for that much money.

I could accept 1 of those contracts on a team but not 2. I'm sorry but that is just too much of the pie.

labamba their huge contracts do affect teams ability to sign other good players but at moment if crosby or ovy or malkin were free agents they get more its the market value that gives these two this much in salary having 2 cups each on their resumes plus olympic medals doesnt help lower their value hawks needs fo resign saad im afraid one of sharp and hossa will be traded or both clearing a bunch of space plus in offseason versteeg and oduya will give chicago lost of space for rookies like tervienen to come in a rip it up on entry level deals. If im hawks i trade sharp and hossa for draft pics and defense stud prospects

Archived