The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Matt Frattin - Leafs

zverta

For those who follow the Leafs a little closer, is Frattin worth a pick up?

I sure as hell aint a Leafs fan, but I think they had some reason to be optimitistic. He showed a very good nose for the net, and is a good 'rush' forward that suits their style of play fairly well. I was a bit surprised he didn't do much in L.A but then again, he was drowned out by quality depth there. This year he played scarce minutes with very low offensive zone starts - not surprising that he's not producing much in that context, and it may be the case that he just hasn't earned any ice time, but then again, who knows - the Leafs have a very odd concept of player deployment to say the least.

I think he'll be a good risk for someone to take - there are teams that could use a guy like him at 800k.

Well, I sure as hell AM a Leafs fan.

And no, he's not NHL caliber.

He showed some promise with the Leafs and the Marlies a few years ago, but every time he started to get on a role he would get injured, and he has not regained NHL form in two years.

He's on his way out of the NHL.

Well, I sure as hell AM a Leafs fan.

And no, he's not NHL caliber.

He showed some promise with the Leafs and the Marlies a few years ago, but every time he started to get on a role he would get injured, and he has not regained NHL form in two years.

He's on his way out of the NHL.

He looked like a poor mans kesler when I saw him play couple years ago.

Both Frattin and Nestrasil are not good defensively. Canucks have no room unless Horvat goes back to junior and they waive Sestito.

If Horvat goes back to junior Frattin might fit as an extra forward with his speed but defensively he is not very good and doesn't play with consistent effort and energy every night like Hansen and Dorsett typically tend to do.

So on second thought pass. Some Eastern team should for sure claim Nestrasil though.

Frattin I doubt.

Both Frattin and Nestrasil are not good defensively. Canucks have no room unless Horvat goes back to junior and they waive Sestito.

You should tell that to Mike Babcock, who disagrees with you.

Nestrasil is a good young defensive forward with very strong underlying numbers - his challenge at this point is scoring at the NHL level, but then again, his linemates like Jurco and the rest of Detroit's bottom six - Andersson, Miller, Glendening - have also struggled to produce.

I think Nestrasil just got claimed by Carolina. Huge winger, .5 points per game at the AHL level and only 23 so still could have some upside. He'd be a 3rd line winger at best but I think he's 6'6" which is what our bottom 6 would have needed (and something the Hurricanes definately need). Good pickup by them.

You should tell that to Mike Babcock, who disagrees with you.

Nestrasil is a good young defensive forward with very strong underlying numbers - his challenge at this point is scoring at the NHL level, but then again, his linemates like Jurco and the rest of Detroit's bottom six - Andersson, Miller, Glendening - have also struggled to produce.

Perhaps he just needs more of a top six opportunity to flourish like a Ville Leino.

I have come up with conclusion that you are a premium troll.

Literally none of your posts make any sense.

Ya excuse me for not wanting a boxer playing hockey on my favourite team. I want actual hockey players, sue me

Funny how me wanting to pick up a decent 4th liner/depth player makes me a troll. Id rather have him over Sestito who is considered to be a goon in the nhl. I don't see the controversy, both are pretty crappy nhl players, but at least I can say Frattin has twice the amount of points as Sestito in the same amount of games. All you guys have are quirky "you're a troll" comments for an easy plus one over any actual logical argument... But regardless, both are crappy hockey players. It's like watching a couple bums fighting over a dime. These players are so insignificant it's not worth the time arguing over. State your opinion and get out it's that simple. No need to be tools about it.

Archived