Birth Date:July 16, 1987 (27 years old)

Place of Birth:Stouffville, Ont.

Shoots:L

Experience:1 years

Drafted:Signed by Edmonton in 2013.

Season Stats
GP G A Pts +/- PIM PPG SHG GWG TOI S PtsPG YTD 3 0 0 0 -2 5 0 0 0 10:43 2 0.00
Scouting Report
Assets: Has a good-sized frame for the center position and plenty of hockey smarts. Is an effective face-off man and penalty-killer, which adds to his overall value to a hockey club. Flaws: Isn't much of an offensive producer, so he will have to continue to do all of the little things in order to maintain NHL employment over the long haul. Could also use more bulk. Career Potential: Defensive center.

http://forecaster.thehockeynews.com/hockeynews/hockey/player.php?8920

Keyword: Faceoffs.

Thanks! You saved me from having to go look it up.

I figured it must have something to do with faceoffs. I mean, it kind of had to, right?

Good luck to Kellan with the oiler organization. He very well could be on their 4th line sooner than later. As for Acton, I also noticed him a bit when he played against the canucks but other than that i'm just hoping he provides some decent NHL depth.

Thanks! You saved me from having to go look it up.

I figured it must have something to do with faceoffs. I mean, it kind of had to, right?

Lol, yeah, most definitely.

We are terriawful at them. I nearly cried when Kesler kept winning the draws over Henrik.

Lol, yeah, most definitely.

We are terriawful at them. I nearly cried when Kesler kept winning the draws over Henrik.

I know. :(

So it'd be great if he can help us with faceoffs. Plus, it says he's a more defensive minded center, which hopefully means he'll be a good addition to our bottom 6. Actually, I'm thinking he's a replacement for Matthias. I like some of what he does but defensively he's not good. (At -9, he currently has the worst +- on the team.)

I know. :(

So it'd be great if he can help us with faceoffs. Plus, it says he's a more defensive minded center, which hopefully means he'll be a good addition to our bottom 6. Actually, I'm thinking he's a replacement for Matthias. I like some of what he does but defensively he's not good. (At -9, he currently has the worst +- on the team.)

Agreed.

Moving a forward for a D next makes the most sense.

It probably also means Sestito is a goner.

Archived