The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Time to trade Kassian is now, and not later.

Piggy Bank

Kassian needs to pick it up, he was also given power play time tonight which he had some chances other than that he was invisible.

I expect him to lay some hits and generate something.

To be fair, I believe that had something to do with missing a shift on his regular line (equipment/injury)

Besides it was a pretty good powerplay; it certainly didnt hurt having him out there at least.

But aside from that I agree he really has to get it together.

Kassian needs to pick it up, he was also given power play time tonight which he had some chances other than that he was invisible.

I expect him to lay some hits and generate something.

LOL. This shows exactly the the typical hockey fan is looking for, a highlight reel play or the player did nothing... LMAO.

You want him to lay MORE HITS??? He had 4 hits tonight which was more than anyone on N.J.D. had. Only player to have more hits tonight was Dorsett (6) who is a Pitbull.

Kassian had the 2nd most hits tonight in the whole NHL game. I would say he did pretty good in that category...

PS. he got almost 15:00 min. in total play & 2:45 on the PP with a Even + / -.

Pretty solid stats in my eyes but what do I know I just watch the WHOLE GAME...

Like kassian and think he will develop into a good 2nd liner. You don't sell low. The guys probably worth a low first round pick right now. Just like they didn't trade edler when he was sucking hard . Now he's our number 1 dman again.

We didn't trade Edler because the people who count knew he was a quality player having a nightmare couple of seasons.

I won't lie, I was not happy to see Vey dropped in favour of Kassian. I think Vey has shown far more than Kassian has recently.

LOL. This shows exactly the the typical hockey fan is looking for, a highlight reel play or the player did nothing... LMAO.

You want him to lay MORE HITS??? He had 4 hits tonight which was more than anyone on N.J.D. had. Only player to have more hits tonight was Dorsett (6) who is a Pitbull.

Kassian had the 2nd most hits tonight in the whole NHL game. I would say he did pretty good in that category...

PS. he got almost 15:00 min. in total play & 2:45 on the PP with a Even + / -.

Pretty solid stats in my eyes but what do I know I just watch the WHOLE GAME...

Yeah he also hustled back on that 2 on 1 in the 1st period to just tie up his guy at the last second. Made some good plays in his own end to get the puck out and gave the Canucks a different look on the pp in the high slot. Had a good deep cycle going untill Richie and Mathias flubbed his passes a couple of times. You can see him concentrating more on his defensive game and positioning and thats why WD is giving him a bit more time. Some posters never see that tho, only cherry pick the bad. @ Shakey you are right that some people are probably happy to see him injured.

"Had a good deep cycle going untill Richie and Mathias flubbed his passes a couple of times."

Goal scorers find ways to put the puck in the net,they don't blame their line mates for their lack of production.

He didn't blame anybody, i was just stating a fact. Quit trying to deflect my post to suit your B.S.

"Had a good deep cycle going untill Richie and Mathias flubbed his passes a couple of times."

Goal scorers find ways to put the puck in the net,they don't blame their line mates for their lack of production.

Remember that statement the next time you're making pathetic excuses for Hodgson's 2 point season.

And quit pretending you have a clue what you're talking about, you've already admitted you don't even watch the games.

How'd he get injured? Im sick and on the cough meds so I fell asleep after the 1st goal.

He was trying to split the D and it looked like he got slashed in the hand.

No penalty and no decent replay that I saw, but that's what it looked like. He dropped his glove and skated off right away.

I'm sorry but Kassian is a playmaking type of player, if he feeds beautiful passes to his linemates only to have them constantly miss or give up the puck right after that's not on him. Next game, watch how many times the puck changes possession off Kassian's stick vs. his linemates.

I obviously don't know for sure, but I thought Kassian looked a little frustrated with his linemates last night, and tried to stay out almost an extra minute when the next line started to change. I thought I heard the bench screaming at him to get off but he stayed on. Next shift Matthias and Richardson were out he didn't come on... coincidence? (and no this wasn't when he got injured).

Although Matthias managed to score some crazy fluke goal last night, I am just not happy with the style of game he plays at all. He reminds me so much of David Booth, tries the same damn power move every time and doesn't score, then loses possession.

I'm sorry but Kassian is a playmaking type of player, if he feeds beautiful passes to his linemates only to have them constantly miss or give up the puck right after that's not on him. Next game, watch how many times the puck changes possession off Kassian's stick vs. his linemates.

I obviously don't know for sure, but I thought Kassian looked a little frustrated with his linemates last night, and tried to stay out almost an extra minute when the next line started to change. I thought I heard the bench screaming at him to get off but he stayed on. Next shift Matthias and Richardson were out he didn't come on... coincidence? (and no this wasn't when he got injured).

Although Matthias managed to score some crazy fluke goal last night, I am just not happy with the style of game he plays at all. He reminds me so much of David Booth, tries the same damn power move every time and doesn't score, then loses possession.

I'm not sure why kass would be frustrated with his line mates last night when he was outplayed by both of them, infact the only time the line looked threatening was when Hanson was on in place of kass. If he shares the same view as you and feels his problems are "his line mates" he should be traded ASAP.

The difference being that Matthias is 4 years younger, 10 lbs heavier, a couple inches taller, and nearly 3m cheaper than Booth.

I think Matthias has played well... that "crazy fluke goal" was the result of hard work and following up his rebound. Not sure what point you're trying to make comparing the two players besides the fact they try the same power move..

We didn't trade Edler because the people who count knew he was a quality player having a nightmare couple of seasons.

y.

I won't lie, I was not happy to see Vey dropped in favour of Kassian. I think Vey has shown far more than Kassian has recentl

Im a fan of Kassian, but I cant really argue with you. Vey played pretty well in the offensive zone against chicago. The guys a center who cant win a face off though and hes small. Gives an edge to Kassian.

I'm not sure why kass would be frustrated with his line mates last night when he was outplayed by both of them, infact the only time the line looked threatening was when Hanson was on in place of kass. If he shares the same view as you and feels his problems are "his line mates" he should be traded ASAP.

Kassian played a pretty good game last night, and I would say outplayed both his linemates. He had some great defensive plays in his own zone, threw some good hits, and I didn't see him have any horrible giveaways. Take away Matthias' fluke goal (even he was surprised it went in) and he had a crappy night. He gave away the puck or lost puck possession countless times, and doesn't use his linemates well when in the offensive zone. I'm not as critical as Richardson because he brings other things to the table through his defensive game, but Matthias is not outplaying anyone in my opinion.

The difference being that Matthias is 4 years younger, 10 lbs heavier, a couple inches taller, and nearly 3m cheaper than Booth.

I think Matthias has played well... that "crazy fluke goal" was the result of hard work and following up his rebound. Not sure what point you're trying to make comparing the two players besides the fact they try the same power move..

My comparison is that they are both "hard workers" but they don't get it done. Matthias' goal was not the result of hard work, it was the result of trying that same damn move over and over until it just happens to go in (look at his reaction on the bench, he even surprised himself). The other 40 times he's done that this season, he's lost the puck as a result and his linemates have to skate back and regain possession. .

I'm not saying they are physically and contractually the same person, just that they play a similar style of game.

Archived