The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kesler Hurt By Canuck's Fans Booing

SabreFan1

Kesler was my favourite player growing up, and I still like the guy despite the rabid bandwagon of hate for him that's on here.

But come on dude, you demand a trade after one bad season and submit a 2 team trade list and are hurt when you get booed? What did he expect? He even got a tribute on the scoreboard.

Either way we have Bones and McCann now, so I'm happy.

The fan reaction before the opening faceoff told the whole story when it started out as cheering, but quickly turned %60 booing and %40 cheering.

I laughed when Kesler first looked touched on the bench, raised his hand to wave, then swatted it down in disappointment as though shooing away a fly.

The audio kind of sucks, but Kesler is fighting back a smirk after the jeers take over.

I've watched Kesler play since he first put on that Canuck jersey

I'm not gonna lie, that guy gave it his all every time he stepped on the ice

Every shift he worked hard

He actually put his heart and soul out there

And I respect that

Not gonna hate, just appreciate

He will get cheered, right now it's just a lil bitter

what does he expect when he leaves and says that we aren't close to a Stanley Cup?

this is most peoples issue . they were ok with him being a douchebag , alright with the scowl that lived on his face , even ok with the fact that he just seemed to be a miserable and egotistical human being . But the day he was traded he threw his team and ex team mates under the bus .. he proved what most of us were guessing .

the guy is a piece of crap . I wish I had been there to boo him as well ..

I thought the booing was classless as frack.

Just gives of the vibe that Canuck fans are a bunch of bitter brats.

Handcuffing the team and bailing are things all good team players do. And they should be applauded for doing so. Leaving isn't the problem, how he went about doing it is. Feel free to keep being a White Knight about it though.

this is most peoples issue . they were ok with him being a douchebag , alright with the scowl that lived on his face , even ok with the fact that he just seemed to be a miserable and egotistical human being . But the day he was traded he threw his team and ex team mates under the bus .. he proved what most of us were guessing .

the guy is a piece of crap . I wish I had been there to boo him as well ..

I wish I could +100000 that.

You gotta feel for the guy, even if he wanted out. We don't know all the things that went on and we don't know the actual relationship between Kes and his old team-mates. I thought maybe he would get booed when he took liberties or dived or something. Boos right off of the hop was a little disappointing for me. He was a great player for us for a long time. Oh well, c'est la vie.

Always remember Kesler's first full year. Broke his finger and was almost in tears because he could not play into playoffs. Kesler and Burrows were the team leaders when it was needed, not Naslund, not the Twins.

Not happy that he wanted to move on but accept it. Would Benning have moved him without the Kesler request for a trade. I almost think so. ANA or nothing, did handcuff JB. Kesler could never seem to anchor a 2nd line. He was a shooter first which hurt his even strength play. Burrows-Bonino-Higgens have been pretty good. That said I can see Burrows being moved come trade deadline.

While I respect everything he did for the team and city.

When you demand out, lie about it then demand it again and ONLY give a list of basically 1 team within your division that you would go to

You're kind bound to get ripped on for being such a self entitled douche

Archived