The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Corrado recalled by Nucks

TheRussianRocket.

@VanCanucks:

#Canucks recall @frankcorrado22 from the @UticaComets. Release → http://ow.ly/EFZZu

Vancouver, B.C. - Vancouver Canucks General Manager Jim Benning announced today that the Canucks have recalled defenceman Frank Corrado from the AHL Utica Comets.

Corrado, 21, has appeared in 11 games with the Comets this season recording three points (2-1-3) and 13 penalty minutes. Last season he appeared in 15 games for the Canucks, collecting one goal (1-0-1) and 59 games with the Comets, tallying 17 points (6-11-17) and 46 penalty minutes. The Woodbridge, ON, native made his NHL debut in the 2012.13 season.
The 6’1”, 195-pound defenceman was originally selected by Vancouver 150th overall in the 2011 NHL Entry Draft.

Considering Stanton was a scratch last night, this is either just a precaution or Sbisa may be out again. For Frank's sake, I hope he gets to play. Waiting for him to break out and show he can play on the big team.

Our defensive situation is getting scary. To the point where I think it affects our chance at being a bubble playoff team.

It's not just the Nucks D-men are dropping all over, most teams are hurting. If you want an NHL proven D-man you going to have to pay a premium.

Hammer is out and we have to hope Corrado can step in, if not him Sanguinetti.

because right now we do not have the kind of depth to be purchasing a top 4 defenceman.

If Hammer is out long term and we suffer an injury to our forward group (H Sedin, Bonino) or to someone like Edler or Bieksa long term, we might as well be sellers at the deadline.

Our position right now is enviable but tenuous honestly and we seem to have the unfailing ability to get injured frequently as a team

It's all good. This is why you keep young guys in the A rather than force them into an opening night roster spot, same as Jensen and Gaunce.

Every team has injuries and we needed a LH D with Tanev, Bieksa and Weber as RH options.

Maybe we go looking for another d-man but maybe we don't. First we have to see how we adjust to the lineup changes.

WD said Hammers out.

Edler-Tanev

Sbisa-Bieksa

Stanton-Corrado

Edler and Tanev should be logging some big minutes for the next little while.

Ouch...

That is not the greatest looking defense. Man, makes you appreciate Hammer that much more. And a bit odd Corrado got the call over Sanguinetti, heard Bob has been the Comets best dman. Oh well, see what Frankie can do. Big test for the defense against the Hawks up next.

I'm surprised Andersson isn't getting a look. He brings the same type of game that Hamhuis brings.

I guess they don't really want to experiment right now though. Corrado's familiar with the team and the system so there's less of an adjustment.

Really our D hasn't been playing good lately, giving up an average of 3 goals per game (along with our goalies). We seem to be outscoring alot of our defensive problems. Maybe a shakeup could be a good thing.

Obviously we can;t replace what Hamhuis brings though. Get well Hammer!

I'm surprised Andersson isn't getting a look. He brings the same type of game that Hamhuis brings.

I guess they don't really want to experiment right now though. Corrado's familiar with the team and the system so there's less of an adjustment.

Really our D hasn't been playing good lately, giving up an average of 3 goals per game (along with our goalies). We seem to be outscoring alot of our defensive problems. Maybe a shakeup could be a good thing.

Obviously we can;t replace what Hamhuis brings though. Get well Hammer!

And they might just do that after a couple of games if Corrado doesn't help or the remaining 6 D can't cover the loss. They'll see how we do though.

I expect that Corrado won't even play right away. We had the extra LHD anyway with both Sbisa and Stanton ready.

I expect the lineup for the game Sunday will be:

Edler-Tanev

Sbisa-Bieksa/Weber

Stanon-Bieksa/Weber

Considering Stanton was a scratch last night, this is either just a precaution or Sbisa may be out again. For Frank's sake, I hope he gets to play. Waiting for him to break out and show he can play on the big team.

Did you watch the game? Hamhuis clearly has a significant injury

And they might just do that after a couple of games if Corrado doesn't help or the remaining 6 D can't cover the loss. They'll see how we do though.

I expect that Corrado won't even play right away. We had the extra LHD anyway with both Sbisa and Stanton ready.

I expect the lineup for the game Sunday will be:

Edler-Tanev

Sbisa-Bieksa/Weber

Stanon-Bieksa/Weber

I think Sbisa Weber together is the better pairing. The thought of Bieksa and Sbisa together scares me.

Bieksa and Stanton have been bad lately, but they've shown they can be good together at the start of the season. I'm thinking Stanton still has a bit of rust, so I'd put those two together.

Edler Tanev

Stanton Bieksa

Sbisa Weber

I like the depth the team has despite the amount of it that is youth.

Corrado is a hell of a prospect to have available - has been NHL ready from the get-go imo with that poise of his, and yet stil benefitting from developing in the A nevertheless.

I've been really impressed by Weber - last year as well. He is a better defensive presence than he gets credit for, and brings a good level of aggressiveness despite giving up a fair amount of size. They don't give up as much as perhaps expected with him in the lineup.

Archived