The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Fight] Milan Lucic vs Dalton Prout

AriGold

For your enjoyment

FortunateThoroughAmazonparrot.gif

"Every once in a while you catch a guy on the chin like that," Prout explained post game, according to Aaron Portzline of the Columbus Dispatch.

As for Lucic's post-fight tantrum, Prout defended his actions.

"As soon as he grabbed me by the collar and looked away … it’s on," Prout said, according to Portzline. "We’re both guys who have been in altercations."

"It’s flipping switches. As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight. I have no idea what he was screaming," Prout continued.

In his NHL career Lucic has mastered the art of the gloved sucker punch, so maybe he has a unique definition of what constitutes the rightful beginning of a fair fight.

eh, bruins still won though. really doesn't mean much

Sure it does. It's something that can be used against Bruins fans. Lucic has always shied away from fights that he knows he could lose. That's why he didn't ditch his one glove until the last second and at the end took a sucker punch on Prout when the refs had a hold on Prout.

*edit* said Lucic at the end when I meant Prout.

*2nd edit* said gloves when I meant glove.

Tax write-offs!

Dont being giving that guy too much credit. It's always been about buying-up or ingratiating new friends to influence people, so as to call-in favors that will eventually get him MORE power & MORE money! At least that's the way he's been working his BOG Chairman gig in the NHL for a long time now,...and he's got that job virtually locked-up for himself in perpetuity.

So what if it's a tax write off? He could just keep the money for himself and just skip the tax write off altogether. Funny the Sedins are applauded for charity and Bruins get slammed cause it's a tax write off.

the guy trips on prouts glove and stick first and it puts him off balance prout takes advantage and labels him and lucic only drops to a knee and slips as his knee lands on prouts stick... prout is just lucky that was the end of the game.

I don t care what he tripped or stepped on, it was awesome to watch. One of the cheap shot kings of the league gets a little taste of it himself. Love it. Should've hit him again. Normally, I'm not a fan of punching a guy who's down, but seeing as he'd do it to another player, I don t feel bad saying it.The best was watching him cry after. I thought tears were going to start flowing.

Gotta go. I wanna watch it again. lol

Every tough guy loses fights every now and then. Even Probert, Kocur and the best of them will lose fights. The biggest thing here was Looch being a sore loser and throwing one when the refs were already separating them. It's things like these where Lucic loses respect.

Sportsnet is just replaying this game and I gotta say it was a heck of a game...

Jackets are up by a couple, then Bob lets in a goal from center ice and the floodgates open. B's go ahead by a goal, only to have Columbus tie it up. Then, in OT, Bob makes several huge saves. Boston's backup Svedberg has to make one save on a semi-breakaway to get the game to a shootout.

Saw the "fight" and I have to say Lucic wasn't very smart about it. He should have been expecting to get hit in that situation. No fault to Prout whatsoever, IMO.

lucic is hilarious calling dalton prout classless as i see it lucic initiated the fight cross checking and punching him. what do you think would happen the fight was initiated by lucic and he got his karma kick in face what a big cry baby. maybe you should get offf steriods because you have no idea how bad your on ice temper tantrums were throwing a glove at refs and prout

Archived