The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Fight] Milan Lucic vs Dalton Prout

AriGold

A few posters on HF were saying that Prout may have speared Lucic which started the altercation. I have no sympathy for Lucic considering his past actions but I am no fan of Prout either. A player has a right to fight whenever they choose to, I found Prout punch to be a cheap shot.

you don't really know what he is saying to Prout, maybe along the lines of 'I don't want to fight', but he is moving towards him pretty aggressively albeit with his gloves on. I don't know how to interpret this one. But its Lucic, you have to think Prout expected a fight rather than if it was someone like Burrows doing the pushing.

Don't know how the league did not fine him for throwing a glove at the ref.

If it was a Canuck it would have been 1 game

Pretty sure he was throwing it at Prout....

A few posters on HF were saying that Prout may have speared Lucic which started the altercation. I have no sympathy for Lucic considering his past actions but I am no fan of Prout either. A player has a right to fight whenever they choose to, I found Prout punch to be a cheap shot.

I watched the last part of the game yesterday. Just before the "fight", (the refs gave them 2 minutes each for roughing :rolleyes: ) Lucic was cruising through the slot looking for a pass and Prout chopped his stick out of his hands. Lucic responded with a shot to Prout's back, starting a stare down.

Lucic then went after Prout with his gloves still on and looked like he was going to grab him. Prout dropped his gloves and pooped Looch, before he had a chance to grab ahold of him.

Lucic was mad because he hadn't dropped his gloves and didn't think that he had "consented" to a fight. Prout's position was that it sure looked to him as if he had and that he did exactly what someone would normally do under those circumstances.

I understand why Lucic would be upset, but I think he was a bit naive to think that his actions wouldn't be viewed as an invitation to fight.

lucic is hilarious calling dalton prout classless as i see it lucic initiated the fight cross checking and punching him. what do you think would happen the fight was initiated by lucic and he got his karma kick in face what a big cry baby. maybe you should get offf steriods because you have no idea how bad your on ice temper tantrums were throwing a glove at refs and prout

Really Mods? We can accuse other players of being on steroids and the thread doesn't get locked because its not a Canuck?

I don't disagree with what he's saying but if I said this about a Canuck the thread would be locked shortly after I hit post.

There's obvious players on the Canucks (both past and present) we could accuse of the same thing.

It is obvious from the 'clip' that Lucic's synapses shorted out and he froze, stunned, like a deer in the headlights until Prout put him down .. great punch!!

A low intelligence quotient and an inability to make quick decisions did him in ..

Lucic didn't want to fight a dangerous opponent. He's done it in the past. He'll leave his gloves on and/or turn his back on the person challenging him. This time it cost him a bit of embarrassment. Of course being the cheap shot artist that he is, he took a sucker punch at Prout when he knew he wasn't going to get hit back.

“It’s the end of the game. I let him know that I wasn’t going to fight him,” he said. “So, I wasn’t prepared and let my guard down, and that’s what happens sometimes when you let your guard down.

http://nesn.com/2014/11/milan-lucic-ready-for-rematch-with-dalton-prout-after-gutless-punch/

What a lying piece of crap Lucic is. Didn't want to fight him? He gives him a shove first so the mixed message leaves it open to interpretation. If you shove someone chances are you might have to fight, whether you want to or not.
He's embarrassed, that's all. But it's gutless to try to plead victim here.
If you don't want to fight keep your big nose out of it?
lucic_zpse47e147c.jpg
luc2_zps7a683773.jpg
luc3_zps71aad66c.jpg
luc4_zpscf4544a4.jpg
Of course he didn't want to fight..he just wanted to do what he does....get a dirty shot in. He skated right at him, what a gutless thing to pretend he wasn't ready. Suck it up Lucic. Not prepared?...perhaps you should be next time you go at someone?

What a lying piece of crap Lucic is. Didn't want to fight him? He gives him a shove first so the mixed message leaves it open to interpretation. If you shove someone chances are you might have to fight, whether you want to or not.
He's embarrassed, that's all. But it's gutless to try to plead victim here.
If you don't want to fight keep your big nose out of it?
Of course he didn't want to fight..he just wanted to do what he does....get a dirty shot in. He skated right at him, what a gutless thing to pretend he wasn't ready. Suck it up Lucic. Not prepared?...perhaps you should be next time you go at someone?

The only thing that disgusts me as much as Lucic is NESN. I can barely stomach listening to them call a game or report on a clip.

Sure it does. It's something that can be used against Bruins fans. Lucic has always shied away from fights that he knows he could lose. That's why he didn't ditch his one glove until the last second and at the end took a sucker punch on Prout when the refs had a hold on Prout.

*edit* said Lucic at the end when I meant Prout.

*2nd edit* said gloves when I meant glove.

I agree on this point, as devastating as he is, he plays these situations much differently when he feels the opposing player might be his equal.

Every tough guy loses fights every now and then. Even Probert, Kocur and the best of them will lose fights. The biggest thing here was Looch being a sore loser and throwing one when the refs were already separating them. It's things like these where Lucic loses respect.

Exactly,

No one is 100-0

Anyone who has been around fighting or has fought knows that on any given night, even the best get tagged.

I will not argue that point.

If Lucic could take a clean hit, or lose a fair fight without throwing a hissy fit, he might only be known as a dirty piece of trash. As is, he's a complete embarrassment to the sport and the NHL would be a better league if someone ended his career.

Love seeing this coward get cranked.

Archived