The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ryan Miller

vcrguy

Is it just me or is anyone else concerned about Ryan Miller?

He plays like good Luongo sometimes, but plays like the bad Luongo often.

He ranks # 33 in the league in save percentage. That ranks with the back up goalies.

What's up with that??

i can tell you aren't very bright

i can tell you aren't very bright

I think its a fair concern. His save percentage is only better than 2 starting goalies in the entire league.

If at the beginning of the season I said, I can give you a goalie for 6 M per year who will rank almost last in save percentage, would you jump up and down saying yes?

The team is playing great and Miller is playing mediocre................sooner or later that will cost us.

He's tied for first in Wins. In my mind, that's the only important stat.

Unless ofcourse he plays like Reimer and still wins, then we have a problem

So based on this you would agree Marc Andre Fleury is one of the best goalies in the league?

He's only one win behind Miller and has a few games in hand.

Couldn't we say the same thing about almost any goalie in the league?

I'm sure he's fine. He's been great for us so far and we're much better off than we were expected to be at the start of the year.

No we couldn't. He's almost last in the league and is about 2 saves ahead of Reimer.

It's hard to look at his stats and say everything is going awesome, but I'm more concerned about the state of our defense than I am with Miller/Lack. If we shore up our D, I think his numbers will even out once we get into next year.

I hope :)

well said.

Without Miller they woudn't be where they are - he's been great in at least a few games which allowed them to win when they might not have. Goalie stats are really hard to interpret in isolation and often say more about the team than the goalie. A couple bad blow-outs will also hugely impact on things like save percentage making them look worse than they really are.

The team plays a different style this season.

He's like Cloutier during the West Coast express days. The only stat that matters is wins. :lol:

That being said, I don't see his start being any different than Luongo's slow starts. The only difference is the team is outscoring the goaltending gaffs this season, whereas the last couple seasons they weren't.

Once he settles into a groove, hopefully he'll be able to put on cruise control and the wins will keep coming.

Archived