The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Top 20 Overrated NHL Players

vcrguy

I just came across this article...........

http://www.thesportster.com/hockey/top-20-overrated-nhl-players

The top 20 overrated NHL players:

20. Edler Van

19. Ehrhoff Buff

18. Havlat NJ

17. Leino Boston (tryout)

16. Kesler Ana

15. Green Wash

14. Fleury Pitt

13. Johnson Col

12. Clowe NJ

11. Sedins Van

10. Penner UFA

9. Levcavalier Phi

8. Ovechkin Wash

7. Ward Car

6. Staal Car

5. Orpik Wash

4. Callahan TB

3. Clarkson TO

2. Phaneuf TO

1. Nash NYR

I'm thinking the guy who wrote this hates the Eastern Conference (and Vancouver) as the only Western players he named are:

Edler, Kesler, Sedin, Sedin and Johnson

So who on the list do you think doesn't belong there and who isn't named that does?

I'd say Nash shouldn't be on that list and Joe Thornton should be.

I just came across this article...........

http://www.thesportster.com/hockey/top-20-overrated-nhl-players

The top 20 overrated NHL players:

20. Edler Van

19. Ehrhoff Buff

18. Havlat NJ

17. Leino Boston (tryout)

16. Kesler Ana

15. Green Wash

14. Fleury Pitt

13. Johnson Col

12. Clowe NJ

11. Sedins Van

10. Penner UFA

9. Levcavalier Phi

8. Ovechkin Wash

7. Ward Car

6. Staal Car

5. Orpik Wash

4. Callahan TB

3. Clarkson TO

2. Phaneuf TO

1. Nash NYR

I'm thinking the guy who wrote this hates the Eastern Conference (and Vancouver) as the only Western players he named are:

Edler, Kesler, Sedin, Sedin and Johnson

So who on the list do you think doesn't belong there and who isn't named that does?

I'd say Nash shouldn't be on that list and Joe Thornton should be.

apwvqrcydtynq9akqr.png

Sedins should be off the list, but I can see why they were on there after last season. Havlat has been damaged goods for awhile. Leino is already known to suck. Dustin Penner is a very odd player but I don't really know if he is overrated or not.

Vanek, Backstrom, Ryan, Shattenkirk, Hemsky, Semin, Richards, J. Staal, Eriksson (went from underrated to overrated), J Johnson, Gaborik, Brown, Hodgson, Myers, Doughty (offensively) are all players I find to be a bit overrated.

Kesler is vastly overrated. He had less ESP than Kassian last year. Good defensively, but horribly overrated offensively.

Crosby is overrated. Don't get me wrong, he is really good, and is the top player of his generation. He isn't #99 or #66 good though. The media just pumps his tires so hard and the NHL wants him to be better than Gretzky so they can sell merch and blow up tv deals in Canada and the States ect. But he just isn't quite as good as they make him out to be.

The fact that this person's list allotted two players a single spot shows me their understanding of the game. Why do such articles even make it on here? So that people can complain about the irrelevant opinion of a writer who wrote an article that none of us want to see. I have never even heard the name of the site.

When i create a thread and post an article its probably to share an article that I found interesting. I would never create a thread just to share an article written by a hack who displayed his lack of knowledge of the game for all to see.

The problem is, half that list isn't over rated. Half of them are just over payed, but not over rated by any means. In fact, most people are under rated on that list.

The ones I agree with are Clowe, Fleury, Ovechkin, Ward, Staal, and Phaneuf. The rest all just had/have bad contracts or a crap year. Heck even Nash is ripping it up again.

Archived