Van Phili [proposal]

To Philly

Lack/Markstrom their choice

Higgi

Weber

To Van

Luke Schenn

2nd

Helps Philly shore up their goaltending and get future cap relief as Schenn is struggling and carries 3.6mill price tag and there in a pickle cap wise. They could also easily flip Higgi at the deadline if there out of the playoffs. We do this for the Hammer injury relief Schenn is still a big crease clearing young rhd project with a ton of potential. The pick is payment for Taking one of many over paid players off their hands.

The way I see it

Lack > Schenn

Higgi Weber < 2nd > 3rd

Flame On!

Wait what? Why? Schenn is a horrible defenseman. He is a 3rd pairing guy making upwards of 3M+ with term. I would not even trade Weber straight up for him. This trade is horrible for the Canucks. Higgins is a decent player. He is worth a 2nd on his own.

He also the Flyers only RHD but I am sure they would deal him anyway lol.

Not worth risking messing up our 2nd line over. Bonino has the best chemistry with Higgins out of anyone on our team.

Also we lose a goalie? I don't get why we would do that.

Luke isn't even that great. I would much rather get a pending UFA for much cheaper.

Marc Staal if the price is right?

Schenn is a physically gifted guy who was thought to have a bright future but hasn't played up to what was thought to be his potential.

Since based on his play he wouldn't be worth anything like what the OP suggests, obviously the OP believes he can play better than he's been showing.

I haven't paid much attention to Schenn since his 2008 draft. Does he still have a decent upside? What happened to that once-bright potential?

Thanks.

t

I think if Schenn had proper coaching, he can show he is alot better than what is showing in Philly.

That said, I would trade

Markstrom

Weber

For L. Schenn

Could you image getting Braydon as well?

Schenn-Bonino-Higgins

This is pretty much my offer I'm throwing Higgins in for a second rnd pick because room must be made for one of Jensen, Gaunce, Hunter, Virtanen, and because Hes pretty much the only expendable piece that could net a pick that could become an Nhl player.

Schenn is only 25 was 5th overall pick and I believe that we havn't seen his best hockey. And Philly wont just be giving away a defender with his intangables. I bet WD could turn him around

To Philly

Lack/Markstrom their choice

Higgi

Weber

To Van

Luke Schenn

2nd

Helps Philly shore up their goaltending and get future cap relief as Schenn is struggling and carries 3.6mill price tag and there in a pickle cap wise. They could also easily flip Higgi at the deadline if there out of the playoffs. We do this for the Hammer injury relief Schenn is still a big crease clearing young rhd project with a ton of potential. The pick is payment for Taking one of many over paid players off their hands.

The way I see it

Lack > Schenn

Higgi Weber < 2nd > 3rd

Flame On!

Looks like a Virtanen93 trade proposal.

Schenn is a physically gifted guy who was thought to have a bright future but hasn't played up to what was thought to be his potential.

Since based on his play he wouldn't be worth anything like what the OP suggests, obviously the OP believes he can play better than he's been showing.

I haven't paid much attention to Schenn since his 2008 draft. Does he still have a decent upside? What happened to that once-bright potential?

Thanks.

t

IMO, he's a perfect example of a kid who got thrown in as an 18 year old who probably should have been left in the juniors for at least one more season. Rookie season, he played beyond his expectations and the Leafs fans were ready to enshrine him as the second coming of Red Kelly. Then when he came back down the earth and struggled in his 2nd/3rd seasons, he was old news and trade fodder who couldn't get more than 17 mins per game.

Exact same way Jim Benning was treated by the Leafs as a high draft pick.

It's a shame...if developed properly, he probably would have been a solid 2-4 shutdown guy. Now, he gets 16-17 minutes per game and is 5-7 guy. The only thing going for him right now is that he's still only 25, so he'll still command a fair return in a trade.

At this rate, he's turning into Dana Murzyn.

Archived