The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Oilers shopping David Perron for 'a top center'

Mac-Loser is as stupid as he looks if he thinks his NHL counterparts will give up a "top centre" for Perron.

So that's how it works in E-town, Perron calls out the coach and teammates then he automatically becomes trade bait.

Spot on. Perron called out the entire team in the postgame interview after the loss to the Devils. I knew he would be shipped out.

Jesus.. Perron has just 2 goals - has the lowest value of all the top 6 forwards in EDM right now - and MacT wants a top center in return?

Top Centre? Hodgson? :bigblush:

Actually...there could be some logic to this.

Hodgson is having as bad of a year as Perron, but he still addresses an organizational need for Edmonton. And Buffalo needs help on the wing, and may be keen on getting out from Coho's contract, in case his slump turns out to be more than that.

Edmonton would have to add more though. Maybe Coho + fringe prospect or depth pick for Perron and a 2nd round pick (which is practically a late 1st)?

Could be a deal that helps both teams. Buffalo may actually hope that Edmonton improves to give them less competition in their true goal.

SN commentators were discussing how Edmonton are desperate to make a trade but not offering up any of their young guns. Begs the question, what they are expecting to trade for? MacT think he can turn the under-performing support cast into another top prospect or veteran centerman? More evidence that Edmonton will never achieve any kind of success under his guidance.

If I was McDavid, I'd make a pre-emptive strike and tell Edmonton not to bother tanking in the hopes of landing me because I'll pull a Lindros.

Good luck with that, MacT...David Perron for a top line centre? Wow...MacT and Kevin Lowe are indeed living in bizarro world.

I'm starting to feel bad for the Oiler players...RNH and Eberle in particular. Young guys who are living in a toxic environment. Lucky for them that they signed their long term ELC+1 contracts at $6.0M AAV.

Very happy that Ference is stuck where he is...he deserves the Oilers as much as the Oilers deserve him.

Archived