The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Oilers booed outside locker room

NatureBoy

I personally don't think the Upper Upper management (Kevin Lowe) really cares. He just wants high picks, until they successfully replicate a team similar to the 80's oilers. Nowadays, you need high picks to acquire future star players, which they have been doing for the past 4 years.

This year is no exception. It's the McDavid year. They will not hesitate to tank, and when I mean tank, I mean "gut" the roster, at this point, you can't really ask the team "to stop trying" but to leave it the way it is, and let the boat sink.

I will puke in my mouth if they end up with either the 1 or 2 selection.

Kevin Lowe trying to at all cost load up his team with as much top picks as possible what a goof.

Something is gonna give very soon. I'm thinking Kevin Lowe will get the axe.

The fact that Lowe hasn't gotten the axe yet is surprising. Katz must have his head in the clouds, Lowe should have been fired 3-4 years ago. Also, Eakins is quite possibly the worst coach I've ever seen. MacT is doing okay, but almost all of management needs to go. Can Eakins, Can Lowe, and get a new owner.

I personally don't think the Upper Upper management (Kevin Lowe) really cares. He just wants high picks, until they successfully replicate a team similar to the 80's oilers. Nowadays, you need high picks to acquire future star players, which they have been doing for the past 4 years.

This year is no exception. It's the McDavid year. They will not hesitate to tank, and when I mean tank, I mean "gut" the roster, at this point, you can't really ask the team "to stop trying" but to leave it the way it is, and let the boat sink.

I will puke in my mouth if they end up with either the 1 or 2 selection.

Kevin Lowe trying to at all cost load up his team with as much top picks as possible what a goof.

Someone laced your weed with crack...

I feel bad for the Oilers fan base. Schneider could have made their team great but they didn't offer a over the top package to acquire him. This was the nail in the coffin for this management team.

Goaltending was not really an issue. An old but skilled Khabibulin played for them which made their paper thin defense look decent. They have a revolving door of goaltenders, but they refuse to fix the one part that is truly broken. Their defense is atrocious.

They need a complete overhaul.

Management goes first then the players. Blow it up!

Toronto.... then Edmonton.... Who's next to follow the lines of a canadian team being boo'd off the ice?

Probably Montreal they don't hesitate to boo their own if they feel it is deserved. Like when they booed Price in the past and he was still a young inconsistent goalie learning to deal with the pressure of a huge market.

Archived