The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Horvat is blossoming into a complete player right in front of us

*Buzzsaw*

Everytime I watch this kid, I get a huge dumb grin on my face... I feel like we won the lottery. :P

Everything you could want in a young prospect is there.

1) Poise

2) Defensive positioning

3) Soft hands with the puck around the net

4) Anticipation

5) Physicality

6) Faceoff skills

7) Passing skills

People are asking if he's gonna kept up in the big leagues???

ARE YOU KIDDING??? I think this kid is going to be centering the 3rd line by the mid point in the season. ;)

13-16 in the faceoff dot, 8-8 in the defensive zone. 81% overall, and gets 3 assists.

That's unreal for the 19 year old. I'm loving his play so far.

I really hope we keep him up, he's shown that he's ready to play in the big leagues. Its a tough decision for sure.

I'm not sold yet on this season. No denying he's had two amazing games, and I'm super happy for the kid. But as mentioned above, Horvat needs to be consistent. The Edmonton game was proof, he looked like a junior player. At the same time, in 2-3 years, he's going to be one amazing player!

In my mind he has only made one rookie mistake in his 8 games and that was the turnover against anaheim during our 1st meeting. I don't even want to harp on him too much for that because we see our vets make plays like that all the time too.

He's mature beyond his years, physically ready, fills a need on our team and has a 200ft game ready at the NHL level.

In my mind he has only made one rookie mistake in his 8 games and that was the turnover against anaheim during our 1st meeting. I don't even want to harp on him too much for that because we see our vets make plays like that all the time too.

He's mature beyond his years, physically ready, fills a need on our team and has a 200ft game ready at the NHL level.

I totally agree. If there was ever a young player to keep it would be Horvat. You don't see his combination of strength, solid skating ability, and excellent defensive awareness faceoff ability in the majority of teenage players.

He doesn't need to be great every night as long as he is dependable in the faceoff circle and does all the little smart things and is as good or better than his line mates in a 4th line role he is doing alright for a teenager playing his first season in the best professional men's ice hockey league in the world.

He had to get SOMETHING right.

Gosh, I know, right? After such duds as acquiring Higgins, Ehrhoff, Malhotra, Torres, and Hamhuis, along with signing several of the core players to discounted contracts, Gillis had to get SOMETHING right.

Lets settle down. He's 19 and had one exceptional game. There's probably going to be quite a few nights this season where he's going to look like the kid he is.

Yea, lets try and contain ourselves here.

Great night for the guy, but lets not start calling him "our Yzerman", or saying he's already a legit third line center.

Only three games ago people were ready to send him back to junior. Lets just take it one game at a time.

Archived