The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] VAN Alexandre Mallet + Pick :: NYI Andrey Pedan

Strombone1

I was also under the impression that it was a straight player for player trade as per TSN1040. Regardless of that, Mallet was useless and people seem to be pretty high on this kid, so I'll reserve judgement until I can do a little digging of my own. Did anybody watch him in junior/AHL? Are those junior numbers somewhat translatable to the grown up leagues.

I've seen him at both, on video.

I was watching a lot of Guelph at the time because of Kosmachuk, McGinn, Fabbri and Dickinson. Bridgeport because they're absolutely loaded. He stands out even amongst those other prospects. He's a brickhouse.

I don't think he's got huge offensive upside because his breakout passes aren't top notch and he doesn't think offence first at this point. His slapper is for real though. It's an absolute bomb.

Looks like we can expect some more Russians in future trades and drafts.

Only recall Pedan by name but he seems like a decent prospect. Huge defencemen with some offensive potential (slapper from the point), not a bad pickup. Mallet was a horrible pick for his position though, glad he is gone as he wasn't going to amount to much by the looks of it.

And as with all players, this player's character & professionalism could be the key factors that make this an exciting deal.. or not. Lest we forget some of the issues revolving around players like... Radulov, Kovalchuk, Varlamov, Voyonov, & others.

I'm hoping that he has been well-acclimated to the North American game, society, life-styling, & pro-discipline. But, the Islanders were also the folks who drafted Josh Ho-Sang - so how much did characteristics like 'unselfishness' really matter to those guys?

Worth the risk, I suppose. Trust in JB & Travis Green.

For two games...

He's in the AHL right now.

If you knew the depth that Bridgeport has on D, you would know why he had to go down for two games.

It doesn't frighten you that HE was the pick to be banished to the ECHL off an AHL roster? Bridgeport does have depth, but dang... a 3rd rounder is not chump change.

I've seen him at both, on video.

I was watching a lot of Guelph at the time because of Kosmachuk, McGinn, Fabbri and Dickinson. Bridgeport because they're absolutely loaded. He stands out even amongst those other prospects. He's a brickhouse.

I don't think he's got huge offensive upside because his breakout passes aren't top notch and he doesn't think offence first at this point. His slapper is for real though. It's an absolute bomb.

Thanks for the insight minister, do you think he had the ability to develop his offensive game at all, or is he strickly limited to his tough guy with a hard clapper role?

It doesn't frighten you that HE was the pick to be banished to the ECHL off an AHL roster? Bridgeport does have depth, but dang... a 3rd rounder is not chump change.

No, because it was a numbers game. They wanted to keep him playing big minutes.

When they have guys like Reinhart, Pulock, Pelech, and Mayfield on their team, it's easy for a guy like Pedan to be forgotten about.

The Comets on the other hand don't have nearly that depth, so Pedan should be able to find a place there.

Not at all. It was an age thing and they needed the spot while they figured out their rosters at the NHL and AHL level.

Who else do you send down to the E? Donovan? nope. Mayfield? nope. Pulock? nope. Ness? nope. Reinhart? nope.

At least they knew if some goon in the E wanted to take a run at him to maker a name for himself that Pedan could handle himself.

It's a nothing concern. This guy is worth a 3rd, no doubt in my mind.

Archived