The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Panthers looking to trade veterans

DanHamhuis2

Classic Florida. Load up on veterans on short contracts, then deal them for picks and prospects. Dale Tallon has done a good job gaining assets for rental players over the years.

One of the these days their youth will blossom into legitimate NHL forces and this team could be good. Just have to hope they don't get used to losing during these transition years.

Ekblad, Huberdeau, Barkov, and Bjugstad are going to make a great core.

Kopecky - 3 points

Bergenheim - 3 points

Feischmann - 2 points

Why would anyone want any of these guys. Unless Florida is willing to pay teams to take them.

Campbell is the only guy of value, but he's not worth 7.1 mil. The only way any team makes a trade is if the Panthers keep at least 40%.

Depending on how long Hamhuis is going to be out, I would consider it. But I wouldn't give up much more than a B prospect and 3rd round pick.

I would trade for Brian Campbell. Like others have said, they would have to retain 40% of his contract which they could easily do and on top of that, the Panthers would have to relieve Canucks of the retained cap hit on Luongo's contract and assume 100% liability for the Luongo-rule on the cap (i.e., cap recapture) should Luongo retire before his contract his up.

In return, we can give them Eddie Lack and Dane Fox, the second coming of Dave Bolland (apparently).

We'll take Campbell with 40% cap retained by the Panthers.

For that we'll give up

Mallet and a 3rd

Tommernes and a 4th

Would rather have Tommernes than Mallet. Mallet = Steve Anthony. And where is Steve Anthony now? Some beer league in the Maritimes, perhaps?

Archived