The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Panthers looking to trade veterans

DanHamhuis2

If we're the team in question that's trading with them

1. Can only see something happen if it's near the deadline and we look poised to contend.

Don't think we're in the market for rentals just yet. We have decent enough depth for time being. And I'm not sure if it's in our best interest to be giving up picks and prospects for these type of guys.

Brian Campbell would be nice but I'd rather just stay the course and let the players develop in Utica, CHL, NCAA, Europe and not trade any futures or mess up the 23 guys on our team.

I'm fine with how we are and really don't want to give up assets for a 35 year old that won't win us a cup, he might help us get a better regular season record but we aren't a Brian Campbell away from a cup.

I'd want Campbell if they retained salary. He made Garrison a 16 goal scorer.

apparently you haven't been paying much attention to Garrison - has 12 points already this year - lead the Canucks blueline in scoring last year. Not simply the beneficiary of pairing with Campbell. 12 points would lead the Florida Panthers.

Kopecky - 3 points

Bergenheim - 3 points

Feischmann - 2 points

Why would anyone want any of these guys. Unless Florida is willing to pay teams to take them.

Campbell is the only guy of value, but he's not worth 7.1 mil. The only way any team makes a trade is if the Panthers keep at least 40%.

Depending on how long Hamhuis is going to be out, I would consider it. But I wouldn't give up much more than a B prospect and 3rd round pick.

Bergenheim can Score 20+ Goals and he was out for around a month now.

Campbell has NTC and he hated the canucks from his hawks dates

i guess its pretty hard to move him... even tho he would be good additions

Sucking in Florida for so many years should've soften his hate for us, if he hated us to begin with.

Why would he hate us? His Blackhawks beat us 2 years in a row in the playoffs. My guess is he barely thinks about the Canucks.

I would trade for Brian Campbell. Like others have said, they would have to retain 40% of his contract which they could easily do and on top of that, the Panthers would have to relieve Canucks of the retained cap hit on Luongo's contract and assume 100% liability for the Luongo-rule on the cap (i.e., cap recapture) should Luongo retire before his contract his up.

In return, we can give them Eddie Lack and Dane Fox...

www.dreaming.com

I seriously hope we aren't interested in more old Panthers.

Of that list, Kopecky and Bergenheim would be good for bottom six depth. Really interested in Bergenheim as he is just a beast in the playoffs and can contribute 15-20 goals as a bottom six guy. Only problem is who would we trade back to get Bergy?

Kopecky - 3 points

Bergenheim - 3 points

Feischmann - 2 points

Why would anyone want any of these guys. Unless Florida is willing to pay teams to take them.

Campbell is the only guy of value, but he's not worth 7.1 mil. The only way any team makes a trade is if the Panthers keep at least 40%.

Depending on how long Hamhuis is going to be out, I would consider it. But I wouldn't give up much more than a B prospect and 3rd round pick.

All three guys mentioned would be great assets for deadline pickups for depth in the bottom six for additional scoring for the playoffs. Kopecky would be good for PK and playing a hard and tight checking game. Fleischmann and Bergenheim can contribute 20-35 points as bottom six players and can pot anywhere between 10-20 goals. Bergy plays a good 200 foot game and can contribute offensively and is good defensively... Fleischmann provides offence in the bottom six and has excellent offensive instincts

Of that list, Kopecky and Bergenheim would be good for bottom six depth. Really interested in Bergenheim as he is just a beast in the playoffs and can contribute 15-20 goals as a bottom six guy. Only problem is who would we trade back to get Bergy?

All three guys mentioned would be great assets for deadline pickups for depth in the bottom six for additional scoring for the playoffs. Kopecky would be good for PK and playing a hard and tight checking game. Fleischmann and Bergenheim can contribute 20-35 points as bottom six players and can pot anywhere between 10-20 goals. Bergy plays a good 200 foot game and can contribute offensively and is good defensively... Fleischmann provides offence in the bottom six and has excellent offensive instincts

This is how our healthy forward group should look IMO:

Sedin - Sedin - Vrbata

____ - Bonino - Burrows

Higgins - Horvat - Kassian

Dorsett - Matthias - Hansen

If there's anything we need right now it's that elusive legit second line winger. Could Fleischmann be that guy if he refinds his game? Possibly.

We'll take Campbell with 40% cap retained by the Panthers.

For that we'll give up

Mallet and a 3rd

Tommernes and a 4th

This had to be the post of the day-had me doubled over laughing at the way the point was made.

Sucking in Florida for so many years should've soften his hate for us, if he hated us to begin with.

Why would he hate us? His Blackhawks beat us 2 years in a row in the playoffs. My guess is he barely thinks about the Canucks.

from one of his interview he stated he hates us and burrows

but u r right

Campbell has NTC and he hated the canucks from his hawks dates

i guess its pretty hard to move him... even tho he would be good additions

Just throwing this out there, but Benning was part of the Buffalo organization that drafted and developed Brian Campbell. If the price is right (ie. retained salary), Campbell makes a lot sense in Vancouver with how the powerplay has performed and the Hamhuis injury.

Jesus Christ people, Brian Campbell at 40% retained is like 4.26M/year.

If you think Brian Campbell at 4.26M is worth some B prospects and picks, then the homerism is at a entirely new level.

If Florida is retaining 40% of his contract they will want something significant in return. They have no cap issues, so I really don't understand how this would be possible.

Archived