The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luuuuuuuuuu(ca)!

apollo

EDIT: THIS IS ABOUT LUCA THE KILLA SBISA. not a Florida Panther. It's Canucks Talk.

So am I the only one that's still been Luuuuu'ing this year?

Ok I know what you're thinking... "This guy is nuts, he's obviously losing it and clearly isn't over Luongo"

Wrong! I've been Luuuing every time Sbisa throws a killer hit, or scoring (hasn't been doing as much scoring as hitting). It came out naturally after his GWG and it has continued after some monster hits.

Luca Sbisa has been a hitting machine this year. After tonight, he stands with 35 hits. These aren't 35 soft hits, he's hitting with extreme power. How is this kid so strong? His physical play has been a major welcome sight this year.

Monster hit against Kane vs the hawks really set the tone. Seemed like the hawks were intimidated any time they tried to enter the zone against him and then tonight.... WHHHHAAMMMMO! ABSOLUTELY DECKED THE 240LBS Jagr.

Kudos JB on bringing Luca in. Aside from the Avalanche -5 performance, Luca has been great. His physical presence and defensive smarts is exactly what we need in this tough Western conference. I could really see guys like Perry, Carter, Gaborik, Toews, Marleau getting extremely intimidated because of him in a 7 game series and that's what we need.

One other thing I like about him, he's not like Kesler that often sacrifices his position to lay the hit. He makes smart decisions and lays off on the hits when he knows it would be a disadvantage defensively.

LUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Might just be me, but I don't see the point in "Luuuuu"ing anymore. The cheer was directed at good saves made by our great goaltender who is no longer with us.

There are many other ways to cheer that are relevant and not living in the past.

Might just be me, but I don't see the point in "Luuuuu"ing anymore. The cheer was directed at good saves made by our great goaltender who is no longer with us.

There are many other ways to cheer that are relevant and not living in the past.

Luca? Sbisa... Lui Passaglia. Lu was in Passaglias first name. It's also in sbisa first name. It's a Vancouver tradition and his hits have had me luuuuing

Ok I know what you're thinking... "This guy is nuts, he's obviously losing it and clearly isn't over Luongo"

Wrong! I've been Luuuing every time Sbisa throws a killer hit, or scoring (hasn't been doing as much scoring as hitting). It came out naturally after his GWG and it has continued after some monster hits.

Luca Sbisa has been a hitting machine this year. After tonight, he stands with 35 hits. These aren't 35 soft hits, he's hitting with extreme power. How is this kid so strong? His physical play has been a major welcome sight this year.

Monster hit against Kane vs the hawks really set the tone. Seemed like the hawks were intimidated any time they tried to enter the zone against him and then tonight.... WHHHHAAMMMMO! ABSOLUTELY DECKED THE 240LBS Jagr.

Kudos JB on bringing Luca in. Aside from the Avalanche -5 performance, Luca has been great. His physical presence and defensive smarts is exactly what we need in this tough Western conference. I could really see guys like Perry, Carter, Gaborik, Toews, Marleau getting extremely intimidated because of him in a 7 game series and that's what we need.

One other thing I like about him, he's not like Kesler that often sacrifices his position to lay the hit. He makes smart decisions and lays off on the hits when he knows it would be a disadvantage defensively.

LUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I think you may be giving him a little to much credit right now. Sure he has thrown two big hits in the past two games but ive noticed him struggling alot in our own end. Not to say he has not doe some good things but you are making him sound like shea fricken weber.

LUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I still Luuu for Luongo in FLA!

I loved the hit on Jagr.

I was just beginning to think Jagr was thinking he was running the game, when bang! Sbisa nails him. I actually laughed out loud because I could imagine Sbisa saying to himself "I've had enough of this guy, time to put another notch on my stick. Here's Luuuuuca"

Archived