The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] The Bruins would like to add some 'heaviness'

GMJB

These are the most interesting parts of the article I felt.

The Boston Bruins would like to add some “heaviness” to their lineup, GM Peter Chiarelli told reporters today.

Haggerty suggested Columbus forward Nick Foligno (210 pounds) as a potential target for Chiarelli.

We’ll suggest another one, courtesy TSN’s Bob McKenzieJordan Nolan (221 pounds) of the Los Angeles Kings.

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2014/11/27/not-so-big-and-bad-anymore-the-bruins-would-like-to-add-some-heaviness/

I could see Nolan being that fit honestly and for a reasonable price. Foligno is still currently one of the better (only) producers in CBJ and I don't think kekkalainen would relish playing against him regularly as the Bruins don't really have much in the way of items that would truly help the Jackets where they need it right now for the price they'd want

Boston's current roster comes in at 197.8 lbs. according to The Hockey News tale of the tape. That's slightly less than the Canucks (198.1 lbs.). With Lucic having his lunch handed to him by Prout, looks like the snarl is gone from the bear den.

Well they lost Boychuk, Thornton, Horton, Iginla past 2 years and Chara + McQuaid are hurt right now.

Only really toughness they have right now is Lucic and Miller.

Well they lost Boychuk, Thornton, Horton, Iginla past 2 years and Chara + McQuaid are hurt right now.

Only really toughness they have right now is Lucic and Miller.

Oh i love to see them go down a bit more.

If they want size so much, let`s do a trade of our biggest guy for their smallest.

I would totally do it, and who needs skill anyways. Definitely not the big bad bruins.

Its Matthias for Krug btw.

Seriously though no dice. Don`t want to make them any tougher.

Archived