The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks @ Capitals

-Vintage Canuck-

We lose to the Wings and NHL has it as their #1 story.

We beat the Caps and it's no where to be found.

lol NHL. Just lol. I'd usually disregard this but it happens all the time.

In other news, I really liked the team's effort today but Bieksa seems to have simply regressed. Dude's just not pulling as much weight as he used to. Miller's SV% continues to be worrying. He's playing good enough to help us win games but nothing more. I wonder how that will work out in the playoffs...

Dan O`Halloran gotta be disappointed

Referee Jean Hebert >>>>>>> Dan O'Halloran.

Props to ^this younger referee,... for not getting all intimidated by a more senior and old-school ref. My respects to Hebert for earning an honest pay-cheque out there, tonight,.. despite his partner's feeble attempts to sway the results of the night,...with things like that extremely poor & suspect diving-call on Dorsett. Hebert, as the near-side ref, made an honest interference call....and O'Halloran's game management strategy, just couldn't allow it. There are a few, ...who must go.

Then Hebert as back-ref, made a call later, that the front ref was inclined to ignore. Props for the integrity, Jean. :)

We lose to the Wings and NHL has it as their #1 story.

We beat the Caps and it's no where to be found.

lol NHL. Just lol. I'd usually disregard this but it happens all the time.

In other news, I really liked the team's effort today but Bieksa seems to have simply regressed. Dude's just not pulling as much weight as he used to. Miller's SV% continues to be worrying. He's playing good enough to help us win games but nothing more. I wonder how that will work out in the playoffs...

It was the only game of the day...

I hate this notion among Canucks fans that we don't get enough attention from the media. Do we get as much coverage as the Leafs? No. But we get more coverage than at least 20 other teams in the league, don't complain.

I said at the start of the season, there would be lots of tight games. That seems to be coming true. WD has got the guys playing hard, but not psycho ice time like Torts.

I had to laugh because I couldn't get home in time after work. And TSN 1040 was hammering Daniel for lack of production. Then he gets 3 points.

Eat that Price and Paterson!

Wow, lots to take out of this one. Great game to win and overcome so much adversity. The twins were electric tonight and took over this game, and the Canucks stars won this one.

Alex Edler deserves more attention than he's getting. He and Tanev completely shutdown Ovechkin and the top line, and was a monster on the blueline blocking shots and moving the powerplay around nicely. People aren't giving enough praise to Edler who completely turned his game around and right now he's by far our best defenceman and probably our 3rd or 4th most important player. Huge game by him, big minutes and his defensive game has finally arrived.

On the flip-side Bieksa was absolutely brutal and nearly single handedly cost us the game. He took a stupid penalty, was caught on a dumb pinch just seconds after Washington score their 2nd goal and then gets walked by Laich (a 2nd/3rd liner) and is the reason for the tying goal. Horrible play by Bieksa, it looks like his risky game is back and it's not what this defence needs. Pairing him with Sbisa is an accident waiting to happen.

Up front our 2nd line were invisible all night long which is a shame but Horvat and Dorsett looked good again, that line has some serious chemistry. Beautiful pass by Horvat, he definately deserves more ice-time. Our 4th line really should swap with our 3rd because Matthias and Richardson haven't been very good and looked terrible tonight, with Matthias costing us a goal.

Finally, there's Miller. Say what you want about him letting in one bad goal (the 2nd one) but the first was a tough one, and the 3rd goal was 1-on-1. You'd like him to have that one but all blame goes to Bieksa for getting flipped inside out by Laich. Not much a goalie can do that close in when you're expecting the defenceman to not get walked through. Miller made some monster saves after we went up 4-3 and especially in that final minute made a lot of big saves with lots of traffic from point shots. He's got 16 wins in 20 games for a reason, and it's because he closes out games like these.

Well said. I completely agree. Edler still gets hate for no reason, even though he's been our best d-man this year. He was a beast tonight.

Wish our fourth line got a bit more time out there (specifically Bo). I think they've more than earned it , drawing penalties, scoring a goal, being dangerous all night'

Bieksa continues to be a liability for this team.

Referee Jean Hebert >>>>>>> Dan O'Halloran.

Props to ^this younger referee,... for not getting all intimidated by a more senior and old-school ref. My respects to Hebert for earning an honest pay-cheque out there, tonight,.. despite his partner's feeble attempts to sway the results of the night,...with things like that extremely poor & suspect diving-call on Dorsett. Hebert, as the near-side ref, made an honest interference call....and O'Halloran's game management strategy, just couldn't allow it. There are a few, ...who must go.

Then Hebert as back-ref, made a call later, that the front ref was inclined to ignore. ...props for the integrity. :)

Just wondering: is there some place I can go to see which ref called what penalty? You seem to have access to such a place, that is unless you are simply making stuff up.

Missed the game due to work. What did I miss? Outside of the dub did we play well?

Played good and bad. PP was deadly at 3 for 4 which was the difference. Miller let in a softy but was strong in the final minutes to secure the W. Edler and Tanev shut down Ovy's line and were beastly. 4th line was strong drawing a key penalty and scoring a nice goal.

What you really missed was Danny driving down the wing and rocketing a slapper top shelf like he was Gretzky.

Not a really well played game but the guys didn't give up and scored their way out of their defensive break downs.

Archived