The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks @ Capitals

-Vintage Canuck-

I heard some dingbat caller compare him to Cristobal Huet.

I'd bet money he was one of those knobs who made up their mind about Miller before he even got here.

Just imagine the douchiest person you've ever met, and that's these people that call in.

Like really, what kind of loser calls in to a radio show after a win to b!tch about the goaltending. And they never have any suggestions or anything smart to say, they just wanna complain about something.

At this point it's really beating a dead horse, but Bieksa has to realize he's a defenseman. The plays where he is pinching deep and then throwing the puck blindly into the middle are getting worrisome. He really needs to keep the game in front of him and stop making the forwards cover his ass and put themselves out of position. The risk/reward just isn't paying off and he is constantly getting caught out of position.

Wow, lots to take out of this one. Great game to win and overcome so much adversity. The twins were electric tonight and took over this game, and the Canucks stars won this one.

Alex Edler deserves more attention than he's getting. He and Tanev completely shutdown Ovechkin and the top line, and was a monster on the blueline blocking shots and moving the powerplay around nicely. People aren't giving enough praise to Edler who completely turned his game around and right now he's by far our best defenceman and probably our 3rd or 4th most important player. Huge game by him, big minutes and his defensive game has finally arrived.

On the flip-side Bieksa was absolutely brutal and nearly single handedly cost us the game. He took a stupid penalty, was caught on a dumb pinch just seconds after Washington score their 2nd goal and then gets walked by Laich (a 2nd/3rd liner) and is the reason for the tying goal. Horrible play by Bieksa, it looks like his risky game is back and it's not what this defence needs. Pairing him with Sbisa is an accident waiting to happen.

Up front our 2nd line were invisible all night long which is a shame but Horvat and Dorsett looked good again, that line has some serious chemistry. Beautiful pass by Horvat, he definately deserves more ice-time. Our 4th line really should swap with our 3rd because Matthias and Richardson haven't been very good and looked terrible tonight, with Matthias costing us a goal.

Finally, there's Miller. Say what you want about him letting in one bad goal (the 2nd one) but the first was a tough one, and the 3rd goal was 1-on-1. You'd like him to have that one but all blame goes to Bieksa for getting flipped inside out by Laich. Not much a goalie can do that close in when you're expecting the defenceman to not get walked through. Miller made some monster saves after we went up 4-3 and especially in that final minute made a lot of big saves with lots of traffic from point shots. He's got 16 wins in 20 games for a reason, and it's because he closes out games like these.

difference is offense this season from last season. Don't need to win every game 2-1/1-0

Just imagine the douchiest person you've ever met, and that's these people that call in.

Like really, what kind of loser calls in to a radio show after a win to b!tch about the goaltending. And they never have any suggestions or anything smart to say, they just wanna complain about something.

and most are regular callers everyday lol don't know how they have that much time and patience to wait to get on

I was at the game and it was great!! More Canuck jerseys there than there was last March. Danny's game winner was awesome! I was 10 seats from the glass so that ping off the cross bar was loud. Loved it. What a game. 2 points.

You could tell the host was just shaking his head at the timing.

"He's just not an NHL goalie, guys."

He just went through a span of 1 goal allowed in 3 games last week.

I'm happy with the win, don't get why again people are complaining about the refs... Yea they missed a couple but they also let the canucks get away with a lot as well... And considering we had 4 power plays to thier 1... And don't get why you guys are all praising miller he has been pretty average all season, and yes I like miller but he isn't the reason why we're winning games it's because of our offense and if you want to argue that then just look at the stats...

One thing about this game I noticed was how disappointed with himself Mathias looked after he didn't clear on the goal. He seemed to take it to heart that he hurt the team and then seemed to improve overall on his game from there. Tighter defensively and crashing the net.

Another stand out for me was Tanev. He was doing so many little things right. He wasn't all flash but just reading plays really well. Like how this kid has developed.

And of course, The answer to the question "Can Vrbata succeed with the twins" a reaonding yes as the put up 7 points tonight.

Lots of things clicking with this team. Where does Kassian slot in when he's back now?

And don't get why you guys are all praising miller he has been pretty average all season, and yes I like miller but he isn't the reason why we're winning games it's because of our offense and if you want to argue that then just look at the stats...

No one's praising him. They just realize that calling him a backup or comparing him to Huet is beyond ridiculous.

Canucks fans should know about the ups and downs of goaltending as well as any fans, but apparently some people aren't learning. With Luongo it was just accepted that he was a slow starter, but Miller shows some inconsistency early on and there are people trashing him.

The fact that we're winning games despite average goaltending is fantastic. How many years have we counted on our goalies standing on their heads for us to win games? If Miller gets his game to even above average, it's going to translate to more wins.

team 1040 is such a joke. Dogging miller saying he is only a backup. no wonder players wqant out of here. The guy has the most wins in the nhl and his gaa of 236 aint nad at all. yes his save% was a little low, but he got it up to 914 and his stats have suffered from 3 or 4 bad games, and a dwefence that tends to hang him out to dry. Loved the work of the 4th line the 1st line pp and edler and tanev. Bieksa had an off night but overall since hamer going down I thought are d including bieksa has looked the best it`s looked, except for tonight. I think were gonna look back at this game as d-sedins breakout game. He looked like the old 22 and yes he`s only on pace for 18 goals but a couple more big games and 30 won`t be impossible. Time to give the 4th line more icetime, they on most nights have looked better then the 3rd. even b4 kass got hurt is anyone else finaaly ready to admit brad stinks this year

well miller shouldn't get too much credit, he has had a couple really good games but needs to improve for what hes being paid... he has 0 control of how many goals canucks score.. there is a reason he has so many wins when goalis with the same stats as him do not.. miller has a better team in front of him .. craig andersen has almost identical GAA and a far better S% ,he has less wins than miller because the team in front of him isnt as good..like tonight, there was no distinction of who the better goalie was better holtby and miller ... there is no denying that he has been average at best in many of his wins.. anyone who thinks he doesn't need to be better would be lying. he is about 26th in s% and 15th in GAA(out of the starting goalies) and definitely isnt being peppered with shots or hung out to dry like everyone wants to suggest.I don't know about a lot of you, but i do watch all hockey and not just the canucks ..miller isnt facing any more quality chances than any other goalie in the league. miller is top 5 for games played but is way down in 16th in shots against....another thing contributing to his W column and canucks W column is the fact we have had a fairly easy schedule to this point as well..... he hasnt been bad but he hasn't been the 6 mill, venzina candidate/winner, gold medal finalist goalie everyone was hoping for.. he hasn't even been close to that guy. maybe he can improve but realistically he hasnt been that ryan miller of old for a few years now and to expect him to ever hit that level again is unrealistic.

Archived