The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

GMJB on TSN 1040 on Pens, Horvat at the WJC and more

Nooks

http://www.tsn.ca/radio/vancouver-1040-i-1410/benning-penguins-good-measuring-stick-for-canucks-1.151726

Not sure how I feel about Horvat going to the World Juniors. Would love to see him there but wouldn't want to see him be sent to play against kids again after he's just starting to get settled playing against men. Says it will be up to Willie

Talks about taking WD over Johnston. I'm glad he did with how things have gone so far.

http://www.tsn.ca/radio/vancouver-1040-i-1410/benning-penguins-good-measuring-stick-for-canucks-1.151726

Not sure how I feel about Horvat going to the World Juniors. Would love to see him there but wouldn't want to see him be sent to play against kids again after he's just starting to get settled playing against men. Says it will be up to Willie

Talks about taking WD over Rutherford. I'm glad he did with how things have gone so far.

I'm fine with either, it's a win win either way. To those saying we are risking injury sending him there, just remember he is playing 4th liners right now, some of them are very big so he can just as easily get injured playing for us as if he goes to WJC.

IMO it would be a good leadership experience to go and play a big role for Canada, he'd one of the key guys there and if he has a good tourney during the break he may come back with some offensive momentum in his game, confidence can go a long way

IMO it would be a good leadership experience to go and play a big role for Canada, he'd one of the key guys there and if he has a good tourney during the break he may come back with some offensive momentum in his game.

I believe I recall a tweet from some media person saying he wasn't going to the WJC along with the confirmation that he was staying with the team instead of going back to junior.

Sounds like the GM of the team is leaving it up to WD, and it looks like the call hasn't been made yet. What you read on twitter is likely speculation. Something like this: "I don't think Horvat will be going to the world junior tournament."

Selfishly I'd love to see him at the WJC as well but I feel learning to play against big bodied, strong opposition versus bullying a bunch of 17 and 18 year olds will be better for his development. Also with the way Willie told him he's going to be an NHLer, would hate to tell him he's back out of the NHL for a bit.

Sounds like the GM of the team is leaving it up to WD, and it looks like the call hasn't been made yet. What you read on twitter is likely speculation. Something like this: "I don't think Horvat will be going to the world junior tournament."

Yeah, that's more than likely. It would be a damn shame if he does go and gets injured there, but it would be fun to watch him play in the tournament.

No way would Horvat be upset if he was released to play for his country.

It would have to be any young man's dream to play in a tournament of that distinction.

He would have to be disappointed if he is not given the opportunity to play.

No way he'd be upset for sure. Was just saying the sense of occasion that he's finally made it into the NHL as a regular is diminished. The NHL has it's own distinction as the best league in the world.

But so does wearing the red, white and maple leaf :)

I think it will depends on Kassian. If he comes back soon, easier to send Horvat to WJC.

But at the same time, we could always sent Horvat and Jensen could step him and Vey could return to 4C for a little.

With that said, I highly doubt Horvat is sent. If they decided to keep him, obviously they want him on the team. Playing yoyo, sending him down playing one system (even if for a short period) then coming back and returning to Canucks' system can't be that good. Also he won't have the same role there as with the Canucks, which can confuse him a little bit. IMO he would needs to be significantly overwhelmed in the next few games for the Canucks to send him. If he keeps playing like he did and Canucks keeps winning, there is no point.

Archived