The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sports Betting Thread

AriGold

MOD NOTE: Only discuss legal betting.

Not sure how much traction this will get but would love to hear from people if they bet on sports !

BCLC ? Playnow ? Bodog ?

I signed up to Bodog 2 months ago and uploaded $50, and as per bodog rules your first bet is free so I bet $50 on 5 hockey games and won $463. I withdrew my original $50 and now I play with their money and have been for the last couple months.

I also play Toto on BCLC..

Would love to hear from other people on CDC if they do sports betting, big or small bets..

Have you won money before ?

Bring out the fellow small time gamblers !!

I take advantage of the PlayNow promotions, there's usually make $100 bets and if you lose get it back (in a credit, of course). I made this bet on 3 MLB teams that were playing with 13+ game winning streaks (2 seasons ago) and they ALL lost.

I won the second time around, but haven't done much since. I play the odd time on DraftKings, just don't have the expendable income I did a few years ago so the betting amounts are much smaller.

Bet both NHL & AHL. AHL has been good to me.

Slow and steady, once the bank has built up over time, bets get bigger, play more games etc. 6.5X my original buy in about a year ago.

Been doing great this season, last season the NHL games were pretty messed with good teams losing a bunch near the end of the season, ended up being close to even until the World Cup where I got up to about 3X my original buy in off of a handful of games. Parlays are awesome, made a lot of money there as well.

I sometimes post plays on another site, but feel lazy a lot of the time and so its not accurate of my entire season, which is much better, seem to do better whenever I forget to post. Hopefully this thread becomes active enough so I can stick here.

AHL 15-6-0 NHL 23-12-0.

I bet when Im in Vegas. Big on NFL betting. Im 16-1 lifetime. I dont go much for other types of gambling in Vegas but will bet on hockey, basketball, baseball, olympics, world cup etc. Whatevers on when Im there. We try to go every fall so I can get in one weekend of NFL betting a year.

Best one was one long weekend trip a couple years ago I made $900 on 4 nfl and 1 canucks game $200 per bet. Paid for my trip and a fair bit extra.

LOL.. I did a $1 ticket with some longshots and won $134.62

Dec 06, 2014 03:09:22 PM

9 Team Parlay #382286726

(153) Pittsburgh Steelers +140 Dec 07/14@01:00p

Football - NFL Lines (Game) Moneyline

(157) Houston Texans -265 Dec 07/14@01:00p

Football - NFL Lines (Game) Point Spread

(161) Carolina Panthers +10 (-115) Dec 07/14@01:00p

(164) Detroit Lions -600 Dec 07/14@01:00p

(168) Minnesota Vikings -260 Dec 07/14@01:00p

(172) Arizona Cardinals +1 Dec 07/14@04:05p

(174) Oakland Raiders +8½ Dec 07/14@04:25p

(175) Seattle Seahawks Pick (-105) Dec 07/14@04:25p

(156) Cleveland Browns +4 Dec 07/14@01:00p

Outcome: Win

Date settled: Dec 07, 2014 07:42:35 PM

Web CA$ 1.00 CA$ 134.62

I have accounts on bet365 and Sports Interaction. I hardly ever use my account on SI.

I recently lost $400 on Raptors vs Lakers. That was my biggest loss ever and I haven't made a big bet ever since. Although it was victory money it still f'ing sucks. I made half mid game with the Raptors down 7 and the other half when they pulled ahead. Payout was $1000. Lakers came back and won it in OT. Pretty sure I have PTSD.

@AriGold

Wow at that parlay win. That's nuts.

If you like low odds betting OT/Shootout bets are a good one. Oilers are a good one too.

I have accounts on bet365 and Sports Interaction. I hardly ever use my account on SI.

I recently lost $400 on Raptors vs Lakers. That was my biggest loss ever and I haven't made a big bet ever since. Although it was victory money it still f'ing sucks. I made half mid game with the Raptors down 7 and the other half when they pulled ahead. Payout was $1000. Lakers came back and won it in OT. Pretty sure I have PTSD.

@AriGold

Wow at that parlay win. That's nuts.

If you like low odds betting OT/Shootout bets are a good one. Oilers are a good one too.

Damn man, thats a tough loss.. Most I have bet is $50 and usually it's multigame parlays.

I won $356 on Oddset through BCLC. It was a $2 bet and I chose 3 tie hockey games. They all went to a shootout and walla..

It was a solid weekend..

I'm playing with Bodogs money at this moment so I can let the bets go a little higher which is nice. Probably drop $100 next weekend on Football.

Thinking of taking Giants, Chiefs, Ravens and Panthers in a parlay.

Will likely pay out around $800-$1000

Damn man, thats a tough loss.. Most I have bet is $50 and usually it's multigame parlays.

I won $356 on Oddset through BCLC. It was a $2 bet and I chose 3 tie hockey games. They all went to a shootout and walla..

It was a solid weekend..

I'm playing with Bodogs money at this moment so I can let the bets go a little higher which is nice. Probably drop $100 next weekend on Football.

Thinking of taking Giants, Chiefs, Ravens and Panthers in a parlay.

Will likely pay out around $800-$1000

how the hell are you hitting on all these ultra low odd bets! All my big wins come from huge bets on game lines I thought the odds were off on. Oilers vs Nashville was my biggest win ever. Put $300 down and made a $250 profit. Shea Weber covered the puck in the crease in OT which gave the Oilers a penalty shot. Preds won in the shootout.

That win sealed the deal. I'm a gambling addict now. Feels really good to win.

how the hell are you hitting on all these ultra low odd bets! All my big wins come from huge bets on game lines I thought the odds were off on. Oilers vs Nashville was my biggest win ever. Put $300 down and made a $250 profit. Shea Weber covered the puck in the crease in OT which gave the Oilers a penalty shot. Preds won in the shootout.

That win sealed the deal. I'm a gambling addict now. Feels really good to win.

On the 3 ties, i won because I studied the teams history against each other in the season. Most of the games were the final in the series between the teams. Most of the games between each of the teams had previous shootouts so I just threw it down and Boom !

I got $20 tomorrow night on a Parlay and I picked Devils, Penguins and Bruins. The win is worth $79.35

I would bet more and have accounts online, but my wife wouldn't be a happy camper.

You don't have to pick right away but can you acknowledge that you know you are up in the WJHC pool ?

You have been up for a few days and have gotten a few PM's as well as been quoted in the thread.

Didn't win on NHL or NBA this weekend, but got 11/13 on NFL for TOTO.

Detroit being a tie and Green Bay losing are my 2 wrong.

Will go 11/13 this week it the Steelers beat Cincinnati by more then 3 points.

Fingers crossed, was such a tight week it might pay $80 to go 11/13.

Didn't win on NHL or NBA this weekend, but got 11/13 on NFL for TOTO.

Detroit being a tie and Green Bay losing are my 2 wrong.

12/13 this week on hockey toto including the 2 games tomorrow that I selected VTH for both games. Only got the ANA vs SJS game wrong.

Hopefully this one can pay a few dollars. Come on shootouts tomorrow !

Archived