The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Proposal: Kane for Huberdeau

I could have watched a few more Winnipeg games to be more sure of how this would help the Peg? My take is Kane has always wanted out. I question the centre depth behind Little, even with promising Scheifele. And they need def a body back up front with Buff's recent return to D. Their defense also just seems to need a boost, perhaps depth & young legs as they have performed OK but have injuries. Add it up > They need depth at every position.

But Florida looks pretty good right now. Adding 1st overall Ekblad has seemed a near perfect tonic of size, defensive toughness and scoring from the back end. Their 62 GAA is second best in the East so Lou is doing his part. To which they have a swarm of good young forwards. But in spite of a lot of talent; they are just not scoring enough goals!

So the idea is to add that elusive sniper with speed and size to a line up that has play making centre Barkov begging for a guy to cash goals.Proposal;

To Flo: LW Evander Kane.

To Winnipeg : C/LW Jonathon Huberdeau, Brandon Pirri & Prospect Alex Petrovic.

Florida puts a dead gun sniper on its top line with Barkov and Boyes. They have still have centre prospects Howden and Shore to fill in from underneath. With Ekblad, Petrovic who is scoring well in the minors just did not have a place on the team.

Winnipeg can play Huberdeau or Pirri at centre or wing. Both add play making skills and puck possession to a team that probably needs it. It also reunites WJC top line mates Hubie and Scheifele who were effective together. Another big shot at the point who can be an immediate fill for some of their injuries. Possibly even allowing Buff to stay up front.

Thoughts on effect or value?

I think you coul;d get away with Hubs and Pirri OR Petrovic, but not all of it. Maybe Kane 2nd in 2015 3rd and 5th in 2016 get's that done.

Adding Picks is always a crap shoot but really that's a heavy amount for Fla to give up for simply Kane

Hubie and Kane are scoring at the same pace... both are young... maybe Kane's value is a little lower even given the contract he has and how his antics may or may not be perceived as a potential source of trouble in the dressing room. It seems quite like a lateral move, in fact.

OP I haven't been following either team, but if both teams have needs as you say, then there may be a deal if it's the two stars for each other. Huberdeau can play center; however, Little and Schiefele are a solid tandem up the middle, and Perreault is a good scoring center given his lack of size. Huberdeau's also chipping in well with Bjugstad and Fleischmann, and he can score as much as Kane (maybe Evander has the better shot but I don't know enough to comment).

Maybe (if the Jets want a solid defensive option for the 3rd) there can be a deal around
Kane and Perreault for Huberdeau and Pirri? Mathieu can also play wing or center, Kane gives them a shooter; Huberdeau's at least equally talented, and Pirri can lock down the 3rd line (Panthers have so many young centers anyways).

^^ Thanx for the feedback.

I was just responding to the furor over what people valued Kane at, LOL. I wondered if I was putting too much in?

I do feel Kane is worth more. Based on 30 goals and his combination of size and speed. Also 17 goals in the 48 game lockout year. I also see Pirri as a tweener. Good for a team that needs help. (Winnipeg.) But that guy who's skills are better suited to Top 6 but can't quite get there at the right level. Hodgson, Wellwood... I guess I am saying I dont see Pirri as a big value add in, just a deal closer. To me the primary value was Hubie and D man Petrovic.

Does anybody agree that these are good targets for each team?

^^ Thanx for the feedback.

I was just responding to the furor over what people valued Kane at, LOL. I wondered if I was putting too much in?

I do feel Kane is worth more. Based on 30 goals and his combination of size and speed. Also 17 goals in the 48 game lockout year. I also see Pirri as a tweener. Good for a team that needs help. (Winnipeg.) But that guy who's skills are better suited to Top 6 but can't quite get there at the right level. Hodgson, Wellwood... I guess I am saying I dont see Pirri as a big value add in, just a deal closer. To me the primary value was Hubie and D man Petrovic.

Does anybody agree that these are good targets for each team?

If Kane does indeed want out, I think Hubi is the exact player to target.

If Kane does indeed want out, I think Hubi is the exact player to target.

Yeah, Winnipeg would do wonders with another puck possession guy. Scheifele projects there. Trouba and Enstrom are not bad from the back end. But their horses, Little / Wheeler / Ladd are puck winners & crease crashers, not wizards with the puck.

An extra guy who can handle and distribute the puck would make better players of the horses and Byfuglien. Versus Kane who is another goal scorer without his setup man. Just my opinion.

Cheers

Archived