The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tom Sestito to Utica on conditioning stint

Plum

Did you not see him get rag dolled by Neil, who is a middle weight himself.

Keep in mind Dorsett is all of 192 pounds...and that's being generous on the videos I've seen of him without his equipment on.

When the playoffs begin nobody risks putting his team into a losing position by fighting some goof.

The goons are gone come April.

It's admirable when coming to the aid of a team mate that has stumbled upon a goon in the regular season but fighting is non-existent in the post season when the marbles are being counted.

Did you not see him get rag dolled by Neil, who is a middle weight himself.

Keep in mind Dorsett is all of 192 pounds...and that's being generous on the videos I've seen of him without his equipment on.

Firstly he had an injured hand, he told Neil that and secondly, he didn't lose the fight unless you are talking about the cheap shots when DD was down and the official had already intervened.

We have had goons before, they don't work for us. DD is a far better model for the modern game.

After he had such a good year last year I was hoping that he would get some playing time. But he just doesn't fit in our lineup

Our fourth liners already have more points than he did all of last year. Goons like Sestito shouldn't be playing in the nhl anymore. We're trying to phase these clowns out of the league

Firstly he had an injured hand, he told Neil that and secondly, he didn't lose the fight unless you are talking about the cheap shots when DD was down and the official had already intervened.

We have had goons before, they don't work for us. DD is a far better model for the modern game.

Don't kid yourself.

I love DD, but he never had and never will have a chance against Neil.

He isn't Rypien where his punching skills could compensate his small stature.

A player we desperately needed to make the 4th line better but can't take on the big boys.

Don't kid yourself.

I love DD, but he never had and never will have a chance against Neil.

He isn't Rypien where his punching skills could compensate his small stature.

A player we desperately needed to make the 4th line better but can't take on the big boys.

The game is slowly becoming more about the ability to play hockey and putting points on the board rather than hitting another player in the head for entertainment purposes.

Go through the Stanley Cup Finals and there is not one penalty beyond a minor call of 2 minutes in the entire series.

Check through the PIM's of the LA Kings for the entire playoffs and nobody is fighting.

Guys like Sestitio are being phased out.

Hopefully all head shots are phased and taken out of the game of hockey at the NHL level ASAP.

The game is slowly becoming more about the ability to play hockey and putting points on the board rather than hitting another player in the head for entertainment purposes.

Go through the Stanley Cup Finals and there is not one penalty beyond a minor call of 2 minutes in the entire series.

Check through the PIM's of the LA Kings for the entire playoffs and nobody is fighting.

Hopefully all head shots are phased and taken out of the game of hockey at the NHL level ASAP.

I never argued that point.

Although I strongly believe Sestito is at the top of the goon class when it comes to skill.

I was responding to the fact that Dorsett has no chance going up against a guy like Neil, a situation where Sestito comes in handy.

If Sestito loses 15 lbs and gets down to the weight he played in junior and shows us some speed like junior then by all means give him a shot... otherwise... he's too slow and fat.

We don't need somebody whose strongest point is being a goon.

We need players.

The question of Sestito's weight was made clear to him in the offseason. News reports indicated he'd been clearly told to come in lighter, that he would be expected to fight less and would have to play a regular shift to earn his way into the lineup.

He got hurt in his 2nd game after a long sitting spell. It was really clear that the way he'd originally gotten to the NHL, fighting, wasn't enough to get him in the lineup for this season's Canucks.

After that, if he is now overweight it raises concerns about his work habits and motivation.

Poor guy; liked his effort and progress late last year. Don't think we will see too much of the guy in an Orca again. I won't miss any sleep but he has been serviceable, I don't like to dismiss him as easily as many other Nucks fans.

Hmmmmmmmm, head shots and concussion have been escalating for years and fighting has been decreasing? Coincidence? I think not. There are more guys concussed from cheap shots than there ever is or has been from fights.

I don't argue that guys who can't play and can only fight are being phased out, but Sestito has some skills. And you saying that the Kings didn't fight in the playoffs or that there isn't fighting in the playoffs is just wrong.

why does everyone love Acton so much.

From what i've seen, he isn't much better (if at all) than Sestito

It's not about loving Acton. It is about which guy is more likely to be dependable to play a regular shift if required.

Acton can Pk and is decent defensively to slot in when needed as a press box guy.

Sestito on the other hand is a liability defensively, can't pk, win face offs, and takes bad penalties on occasion.

Also he is out of shape and overweight and needs to work on his speed.

Archived