The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

To the new DJs: Change the damn goal song!

Bench_Boss

It's the middle of December and I still don't know what our goal song is...

See, and I've been consistently going to Jets games for the past 4 seasons, and I can't even tell you what it is at the MTS Centre. The place is so loud when they score, you can't even hear the song. That's what should be happening at home games. Fans shouldn't have to rely on a song to get them pumped after a goal.

Judging by the suggestions in this thread, I have officially given up on mainstream music. It makes my ears secrete above normal levels of earwax. It's my bodies natural defence against douchebags and metrosexuals.

Just score, and I'll ignore.

Why do we even need a goal song??? :picard:

I thought that crap was for Chicago fans.

When it comes to music, there is a problem with preferred taste. Especially when our fan base is so large. You'll get people fighting to hear their favorite Taylor Swift track every time we score.

How about this... When we score, cheer, enjoy the slow motion goal replay footage and listen to your favorite music in your own time!

I also loved the Holiday, but at the same time CanucofSteel is right about the good memories... I think we shoulden't stick with it forever.

I don't know what's your problem with the present goal song. I always hear it in TV and I LOVE it... Just give it a try, listen it 5 times, and I bet you'll like it. (on the margin, if you get use to the song, you'll be able to recognise it easier on TV after a goal...)

Btw, I think this would be a great goal song:

It's interesting how U2 always get's coveted as music everyone can like. That kind of music is tough to write.

Good track , but I'm still not sold on any goal song being necessary.

Man, I remember seeing Canucks for the first time when they'd play U2 Streets With No Name" before Bert Nazzy Morrison all skated out onto the ice.

Used to get serious chills before the game.

Though the light show is cool with all the fx, it's definitely not the same. Still great though!

How about we stop trying to copy the Blackhawks and go our own way and pick something unique. There are so many genres out there that have good goal songs in them, from classic rock to rap to electronic etc. Hell, the Nashville Predators used to use Tim McGraw as their goal song. It doesn't necessarily have to be a "bouncy alternative rock song with a catchy chorus".

Archived