The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2015 Metro Vancouver Transportation and Transit Plebiscite - Result In - 62% NO

DonLever

No way I'm voting yes to give more $$ to the wasteful management of Translink ... don't care if Pattison is their poster child, doesn't give me any confidence.

I mean $6M on the campaign to put posters on buses and people in the station to 'convince' you to vote Yes ... wtf? How many buses could have been purchased for that amount ?!

It's amazing how many times you can show that the whole 'translink is wasteful' thing is wrong but people think it anyway. It's like they feel it's true regardless of facts. Weird.

Two CEO's.

Enough said.

Yeah yeah, and, as I've shown before, you can take both their salaries and it's still less that comparable transit authorities. Is it dumb? Yeah, it's temporary but dumb.

You guys are so hung up on the sound bites it's like you're unwilling to think.

Yeah yeah, and, as I've shown before, you can take both their salaries and it's still less that comparable transit authorities. Is it dumb? Yeah, it's temporary but dumb.

You guys are so hung up on the sound bites it's like you're unwilling to think.

So because people don't agree with you, they're not thinking? Arrogant much?

None of the proposed transit upgrades will affect me, so that's why I'm voting no. That's a good enough reason for me.

And as it's been shown, fare evasion is about 1% of the overall budget. So even if you stopped 100% of fare evasion, that wouldn't get you one bus route.

CONTEXT.

No need to do anything about fare evasion, just a measly 10-20 mill per year, we get 100 times that from the taxpayer already!

So because people don't agree with you, they're not thinking? Arrogant much?

None of the proposed transit upgrades will affect me, so that's why I'm voting no. That's a good enough reason for me.

Is not that they disagree, is that their reasons are just factually incorrect. It's wilful ignorance.

Why are you avoiding the question? Just curious

I'm sure every avenue is being covered by Translink in their media blitz. Just like the NHL guys lurking on here ready to defend at all costs. They always deny yet we are supposed to believe that corporations do not use these methods for image control! Please!!!!!!!!!!

Why are you avoiding the question? Just curious

Do I work for translink--no. The point is, all these claims about how inefficient they are, wasteful, etc...If you actually look at the numbers, they are not. No one discusses that point.

Archived