The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bobby Sanguinetti

This Post seems to have died, same as interest to see him called up by the canucks

I see that he had another big game for Utica last night, wow, he's really racking them up

I"m really wondering if he will ever get a chance with the Big club?

An interesting asset to have with the trade deadline approaching

Wouldn't be surprised to see him re-signed and play 7th D. Weber gets moved

This Post seems to have died, same as interest to see him called up by the canucks

I see that he had another big game for Utica last night, wow, he's really racking them up

I"m really wondering if he will ever get a chance with the Big club?

An interesting asset to have with the trade deadline approaching

Agreed. What does he have to do to get chance with the big team. He has had a fantastic year in Utica and was deservedly on at the allstar game. WD keeps saying that he needs to see a guy play to assess "where he's at". How about seeing where Sanguinetti "is at".

He has had a chance in the NHL and decided to go to the KHL last year. played 37 games with Carolina on 12-13 @, and they decided not to resign. The Canucks represent a team giving him another chance at North American hockey so I doubt he will feel jaded not getting to play NHL minutes this year. I would think he's looking for another NHL shot and will give Vancouver thr chance at a 1 way contract but don't feel sorry for a guy who would have been fighting to get his pay checks in the K.

He also has a very similar career arch to Dustin Jeffery and I haven't seen anyone ask when his call up is and he is the leading scorer in Utica at 26 years old.

No hes not, here is why. Dustin Jeffery, is a career AHLer because he usaully finishes a season with 45- points but sanguetti is different. Here is why..

The highest Sanguinetti got was 50 points in 60 games, and then he was given a trial in the NHL, which he didn't live up to his hype. 2011 60gp 50 points -12. In the NHL he played 37 gp and had 6 points -6,

Now here is why I'm excited about Sang, this year he has 24 points and is a +20, that alone tells you he has changed his game and is finally working on a complete game.

Furthermore, Bieksa got +21 in 80 games with the Moose, before he transitioned to the NHL.

It's is a joke, a complete joke this management doesn't give Sang a shot. He has never been playing this well, and he is known as offensive D-man. Oh the irony!!!!! how many goals have our defence scored this year? It's silly, how many of the Canuck critics on here like to bash Sang, that's because they never seen him play. I'm telling you he is going to burn us next year...

Okay check out this stat from our defence: Bieksa 45gp 9 points Weber 40gp 11 points Lucas Sbisa -49 gp 7 points lol

So the question to ask is simply why would we not give a Offensive D-men a chance? It's simple Canuck politics same old seniority bs.

He also has a very similar career arch to Dustin Jeffery and I haven't seen anyone ask when his call up is and he is the leading scorer in Utica at 26 years old.

This for sure. Kinda makes me wonder if management sees Sanguinetti and Jeffrey as too important to Utica's success right now to call them up.

@desiboy I see what you're saying but couldn't it just be as simple as management preferring Biega's two way game to fill the 7th D spot over Sanguinetti at the moment? Looking at the D we're carrying already, we've got the balance of righties and lefties we would want, and all of the guys have been in the NHL line up this season. I doubt the called up D gets to play unless someone struggles terribly.

Hamhuis-Tanev

Sbisa-Weber

Stanton-Clendening

That's certainly a weak D-corps but that's what happens with injuries. I don't see Sanguinetti being a savior. With the standings the way they are right now, any sort of continuity is more important than trying to bring in a new guy.

This for sure. Kinda makes me wonder if management sees Sanguinetti and Jeffrey as too important to Utica's success right now to call them up.

Only if they plan to just keep them in the pressbox, then it's a waste. The big club is always the priority.

But still -- at some point they need to evaluate if they ever plan to use him at the NHL level, and thereby re-sign him. In the least, determine if he's ahead of Weber on the depth chart, as he's UFA this year as well. After the year he's had, surely some other team will take a chance and offer him a one-way? Even if he bombs out and is sent down (and clears), it's only a cap hit of $550K.

Only if they plan to just keep them in the pressbox, then it's a waste. The big club is always the priority.

But still -- at some point they need to evaluate if they ever plan to use him at the NHL level, and thereby re-sign him. In the least, determine if he's ahead of Weber on the depth chart, as he's UFA this year as well. After the year he's had, surely some other team will take a chance and offer him a one-way? Even if he bombs out and is sent down (and clears), it's only a cap hit of $550K.

I totally get gauging his NHL value but is now really the time for experimenting? I think the Canucks have to roll with the guys who've played; which happens to only be 6 healthy guys right now.

I totally get gauging his NHL value but is now really the time for experimenting? I think the Canucks have to roll with the guys who've played; which happens to only be 6 healthy guys right now.

Make that five.

If it's not about experimenting. Why did they recall a guy with zero NHL experience, and not take the best player (all-star, no less) on the team who DOES have NHL games under his belt?

No hes not, here is why. Dustin Jeffery, is a career AHLer because he usaully finishes a season with 45- points but sanguetti is different. Here is why..

The highest Sanguinetti got was 50 points in 60 games, and then he was given a trial in the NHL, which he didn't live up to his hype. 2011 60gp 50 points -12. In the NHL he played 37 gp and had 6 points -6,

Now here is why I'm excited about Sang, this year he has 24 points and is a +20, that alone tells you he has changed his game and is finally working on a complete game.

Furthermore, Bieksa got +21 in 80 games with the Moose, before he transitioned to the NHL.

It's is a joke, a complete joke this management doesn't give Sang a shot. He has never been playing this well, and he is known as offensive D-man. Oh the irony!!!!! how many goals have our defence scored this year? It's silly, how many of the Canuck critics on here like to bash Sang, that's because they never seen him play. I'm telling you he is going to burn us next year...

Okay check out this stat from our defence: Bieksa 45gp 9 points Weber 40gp 11 points Lucas Sbisa -49 gp 7 points lol

So the question to ask is simply why would we not give a Offensive D-men a chance? It's simple Canuck politics same old seniority bs.

appears to me

that canucks brass

really did know what they were doing

with the last 2 call ups

biega and kenins

you still wish to dispute this ?

Make that five.

If it's not about experimenting. Why did they recall a guy with zero NHL experience, and not take the best player (all-star, no less) on the team who DOES have NHL games under his belt?

Because Biega better fir the role they needed filled. If one (or more likely both) of Weber/Clendening were to go down Sang would probably get the call. As it is, those guys are both healthy.

Seems like they made a pretty good decision. Maybe Bo-Sang working on his defensive game isn't such a bad decision. Travis Green is doing a pretty good job. Sanguinetti will get his chance dw

Archived