The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bobby Sanguinetti

so your opinion is there is NO chance, Nil, that canucks re-sign him? may i ask where your opinion comes from ? The same goes for your automatic assumption that he signs in Europe somewhere (kinda vague).

Maybe it wasn't really your IMH, maybe just speculation..............................................

Looks like's he's doing everything in his power to get a shot at the NHL again.

Hey, maybe I'm wrong. Whatever. Considering he's pretty much a career AHLer, the hype level on this guy shouldn't be anything above 'meh.' And yet, it isn't. Because we love our fringe players here. Maybe because the Canucks have been a fringe team throughout the 70's and 80's? I dunno.

D pairing remained the same in the morning skate

Sounds like BoSang will not see any game action, but I don't see how you make a case for inserting this guy in favour of another player when we are 3-1 on this road trip so far - everyone's done their part. And when the team returns to Vancouver, we'll likely be seeing either Tanev or Corrado back (or even both)

Sucks for him (sounds like he's worked hard all year in Utica) but sometimes that's the way things go

Sounds like BoSang will not see any game action, but I don't see how you make a case for inserting this guy in favour of another player when we are 3-1 on this road trip so far - everyone's done their part. And when the team returns to Vancouver, we'll likely be seeing either Tanev or Corrado back (or even both)

Sucks for him (sounds like he's worked hard all year in Utica) but sometimes that's the way things go

WHAAy DO DEY hATTeZZzzz SanganOOTI!!!???! GiVVEMMM A CHannnnZZZ!!!

...Am I doing it right?

WD obviously sticks with what worked.................. most coaches would

like you said, sometimes that's the way it goes

Tough for him because he dresses for the warm up and then gets scratched. #25 last night. I would have sat either Weber or Clendening for the Sabres game. Tough to do when the team is winning. Now that it appears the Canucks will make playoffs last night might have been his last chance.

Sent down as expected now that the Eastern trip is over and Tanev/Corrado should be ready soon

In before desiboynux4lifee******* comes crying about how his boy BoSang wasn't given a chance and the Canucks will regret not giving him a shot

• 3 weeks later...

Sent down as expected now that the Eastern trip is over and Tanev/Corrado should be ready soon

In before desiboynux4lifee******* comes crying about how his boy BoSang wasn't given a chance and the Canucks will regret not giving him a shot

Boom 2 weeks later :bigblush:

From what I can glean, BoSang has not played with the big club strictly because of his defensive play. As far as WD is concerned, taking care of your own end is essential as a D-man. Offensive flair is a bonus.

This is why Biega had a shot and Sang has not.

From what I can glean, BoSang has not played with the big club strictly because of his defensive play. As far as WD is concerned, taking care of your own end is essential as a D-man. Offensive flair is a bonus.

Good one, great rumor to create. Please explain how Weber is any better than Bo-Sang. Bobby Sanguinetti is leading his team with a + 23. Your own beloved warrior Bieksa finished with a +21 in the AHL, so your speculation of him not being able to play defence needs a bit work done. Furthermore, team decided not to play him against Buffalo. So your telling me Bobby Sanguinetti would not excell against Buffalo, Buffalo is a freaking AHL team! Bottom line Weber and Bieksa provide ZERO offence, so why not try a offensively gifted D-man?

Biega got the call because he was playing great hockey in Utica. I heard Ray Ferarro talking about Biege in such glowing terms I couldn't believe it, but he was right. Ferarro had watched his sons team play against Utica and said Biega was the best player on the ice ...period. If he isn't re-signed in the summer by Vcr me thinks he will feature in a different NHL team next season, late bloomer,huge heart and dependable skill set

Biega got the call because he was playing great hockey in Utica. I heard Ray Ferarro talking about Biege in such glowing terms I couldn't believe it, but he was right. Ferarro had watched his sons team play against Utica and said Biega was the best player on the ice ...period. If he isn't re-signed in the summer by Vcr me thinks he will feature in a different NHL team next season, late bloomer,huge heart and dependable skill set

Biega did a great job asserting himself as an NHL player during his call up. He was very effective and his maturity and enthusiasm was a big part of the success the team had while he was pinch hitting for all the injured d-men.

But (always a but)...IMHO, in today's NHL, if you're Biega's size, you have to be an offensive dynamo/PMD to stake a spot on the roster permanently. Biega does a ton of stuff really well and is tough/durable for a guy his size, but I don't think he fits the bill of the PMD that he has to be.

Having said that, I hope the Canucks sign him to another two-way deal. No one here has to be Kreskin to know that with all the injuries the Canucks have year-after-year, Biega will get his small share of NHL games next season.

Good one, great rumor to create. Please explain how Weber is any better than Bo-Sang. Bobby Sanguinetti is leading his team with a + 23. Your own beloved warrior Bieksa finished with a +21 in the AHL, so your speculation of him not being able to play defence needs a bit work done. Furthermore, team decided not to play him against Buffalo. So your telling me Bobby Sanguinetti would not excell against Buffalo, Buffalo is a freaking AHL team! Bottom line Weber and Bieksa provide ZERO offence, so why not try a offensively gifted D-man?

Here's another rumor I heard...the real reason for Biega being sent back down to Utica was because with Bieksa's return it would have confused the h3!! out of John Garrett. It was all done for Cheech's benefit because apparently he isn't smart enough to distinguish between the two names Bieksa and Biega.

See what I did there? I created another rumor. 100% unsubstantiated.

Archived