The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Rangers @ Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

This team doesn't have nearly enough net front presence.

We need a big body guy like Matthias or Kassian to cause havoc in front of the other teams net. We're making it way too easy on other goalies.

Or just throw Sbisa in front of the net, he does a good job of blocking Miller.

Weber needs to go back to peewee to learn the game and Bieksa needs to get a substance to grow back some brain cells

WD likes to be loyal to his players -- living with mistakes in the short run but building loyalty and commitment in the long run.

BUT, Weber and Bieksa both deserve to sit in the pressbox. At least one of them should sit out the next game. I would like to see Corrado or Sanguinetti get a chance. Or since Biega is on the team right now maybe he should get a shot.

I am not saying Corrado, Sanguinetti and Biega should play at the same time, but maybe they should all get a chance to cylcle through while Bieksa and/or Weber get some time off.

Or just throw Sbisa in front of the net, he does a good job of blocking Miller.

Willie is being too stubborn thinking that Bieksa and Sbisa will work as a pairing.

The only partner that Sbisa works with is Hamhuis, because he's good enough to cover his mistakes.

Weber needs to be waived and sent to Utica. Give Corrado a shot with Sbisa on the bottom pair.

Edler Tanev

Stanton Bieksa

Sbisa Corrado

Eddie plays much deeper to the net than miller does, there was so much space behind him, I don't think he's calm at all at time, he is taking so much risky challenges and just bad technique not so much disciplined or structured, look how zucarello scored. Eddie plays much deeper in net, its what Lundivequist do too, no backdoors.

Defense was awful. Forwards were awful. Goaltending was bad.

The super optimists that think the Canucks should make a push for the Finals probably got a cold cup of coffee tonight, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, tempered expectations lead to the path of wisdom.

All of that being said, if you think you can get through a 82 game schedule without a losing streak or two, you are just kidding yourself. This team isn't as good as some of you might think....BUT, it also isn't as bad as some of you may think.

Regroup and get ready for the next one. it's all we can do.

This team doesn't have nearly enough net front presence.

We need a big body guy like Matthias or Kassian to cause havoc in front of the other teams net. We're making it way too easy on other goalies.

Agreed. Burrows alone is simply not enough right now.

i5zv2q.jpg

Not pinning this loss on Miller because the whole team sucked.

But come on... every time Miller loses a game it's a blowout. He's been blown out more times than he's stolen games. Was he hung out to dry on every loss? No. Even so, there's an expectation that a 6 million dollar goalie will stop some of those goals. I'm tired of hearing:

- Miller makes the big saves when he has to when the game is on the line

- it's the wins that count, not his save % (now at .900)

- Miller is cool and collected, he calms the team down

- Miller is so technically sound

I said I was worried about Miller's save % when the team was winning. Now it's a bigger worry when we're losing.

Archived