The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rogers Arena Crowd

Burlinbert

Great crowd last night at the game. I go to alot of games,and I got to say I was really surprised by the crowd.

-Fans were cheering on the boys even though we were down bad

- whole crowd singing sweet caroline ,while we were down 5-1

- people clapping and cheering at the end of the game

- I sat behind Miller for 2 periods. people weren't bashing Miller they knew it wasn't his fault

- new bar was awesome , literally a 1 minute wait for drinks, sandwich at carved was great

I think alot of true fans are turning up to games now in days , cheaper prices are bringing in people that wouldn't usually go to games. Or maybe with less expectations,people are not so synical

The game had great atmosphere last night! The concourse had playoff like atmosphere where I was standing when there were long waits to get back into our seats during gameplay. Sweet Caroline topped it all off towards the end of the game, as everyone seemed to be into it.

The crowd was really on Kevin Bieksa though, calling out his every bad play, atleast from where I was sitting.

As a first time STH I've noticed an increase in crowd quality at most of the games this year.

Some things I've noticed at every home game:

The wave is a lot bigger and lasts longer (usually starts in the 3rd period) than other years, and happens every home game.

A lot more Go Canucks Go chants, and a lot more people joining in on them, and they last more than saying it 3 times.

Even after losses, most of the crowd stays until the final horn.

Also new host Hannah Bernard :wub: Gets the crowd going a lot more than Joey Kenward ever did.

Wasn't there some Whitecaps fans at a game a while back who started chanting like that and were told by security to be quite?

At the time, it sounded like there was more to that story though (there usually is). Something about blocking views of other fans if I recall.

Wasn't there some Whitecaps fans at a game a while back who started chanting like that and were told by security to be quite?

"quiet"

I was going to say this. If a crowd at the Rog every got that "into it" security would have a fit.

You are not permitted to have that much fun in Vancouver, and if you try, God help you.

"quiet"

I was going to say this. If a crowd at the Rog every got that "into it" security would have a fit.

You are not permitted to have that much fun in Vancouver, and if you try, God help you.

I don't get it..is this just a Canadian thing...?..I've noticed that even American fans get way more into it (even though they're probably less knowledgable about the game than we are)....It seems that the vibe at The Rog is so artificial now (teleprompting the crowd when to cheer..painful..!!)..More lights,more glitz..less crowd.

Great crowd last night at the game. I go to alot of games,and I got to say I was really surprised by the crowd.

-Fans were cheering on the boys even though we were down bad

- whole crowd singing sweet caroline ,while we were down 5-1

- people clapping and cheering at the end of the game

- I sat behind Miller for 2 periods. people weren't bashing Miller they knew it wasn't his fault

- new bar was awesome , literally a 1 minute wait for drinks, sandwich at carved was great

I think alot of true fans are turning up to games now in days , cheaper prices are bringing in people that wouldn't usually go to games. Or maybe with less expectations,people are not so synical

lol i don't know which game you went to.. i was at the game in the corner behind miller..

-the fan was bashing and jeering Miller after every goal

-they were literally giving Miller the golf clap each time he touched the puck..

-the people were clapping and cheering at the end of each period as if thank god it's over..

i think maybe you were just a little drunk.. the arena half emptied by middle of 3rd period..

Archived