The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Biggest Mistake Might Be Not Re-signing Santorelli?

MikeyD

Has 22 points in 30 games, was real effective before injuries last year. I thought it would be a smart move to re-sign him as he's a real energetic player and works hard every shift. He's played stellar for the Leafs, as expected.

Thoughts? He'd really be proving useful for that second line spot right now, but as he's a center it does limit his position on this team.

It could be, but then we'd have to play the what if game.

The biggest mistake might be not drafting Subban, Weber, Keith, Jagr trading Neely.

There is a reason they didn't sign him, i really wish they would have myself due to his incredible versatility and the speed he brought to the game.

But we've larger regrets than him I am sure

He can play right wing as well, and be extremely effective there.

Burrows @ 4.5 x 3 with 12 points in 25 games.

Santorelli @ 1.5 x 1 with 22 points in 30 games.

Or we could have kept the second round pick we traded for vey.

Except Santorelli wasn't going to replace Burrows. Retaining Santorelli would have meant Horvat was destined to return to Jrs. I would rather have Horvat in the lineup long term.

depends how you see it.

I think keeping him in the lineup would have meant that we wouldn't have Bonino, Horvat, or Richardson in the lineup. (I say Bonino because perhaps we would have traded for another D prospect with Sbisa).

I think we should have signed him. He's cheap and effective and isn't a liability.

Horvat is good but i would like all our prospects to work their way up from Junior to AHL etc. So i would be more than comfortable leaving horvat out of our lineup for a while and going with the Sedin - Bonino - Santorelli - Richardson down the middle

depends how you see it.

I think keeping him in the lineup would have meant that we wouldn't have Bonino, Horvat, or Richardson in the lineup. (I say Bonino because perhaps we would have traded for another D prospect with Sbisa).

I think we should have signed him. He's cheap and effective and isn't a liability.

Horvat is good but i would like all our prospects to work their way up from Junior to AHL etc. So i would be more than comfortable leaving horvat out of our lineup for a while and going with the Sedin - Bonino - Santorelli - Richardson down the middle

I like Hovat better than Santorelli. I knew it was good on drafting him.

That line of winnik kadri santo is a great line for the leafs. Hate to say it, but Nonis hit the jackpot with his signings this year. However, I do feel the leafs are over-achieving, as I watch their games. They get a-lot more PP time than their opponent,(Like 3 straight pps in the third or 4 straight PPs in the 1st, 2nd.) also they trap in-front of there goal-tender. I don't know how long it will work, but so far the Leafs are a surprise.

Although not technically a "mistake", being able to lure Ehrhoff back here this summer would have made a bigger impact - most notably on the power play.

Pittsburgh obviously had a much more stable environment at that time though so you can't blame him.
Though looking back on what's happened since, you wonder if he'd make a different decision.

meh. moot now but that's my opinion.

I like a lot of Benning's moves but personally.
- Keep Garrison
- Don't include Sbisa in deal
-Don't trade for Vey
-Sign Santorelli

At the end of the day I think our lineup would be slightly more talented and still would have had room for Horvat on the roster. But we can't live in the past and we have 18 wins through 30 games.

Archived