The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Official: No Bo for WJC

TOMapleLaughs

Vancouver, B.C. Vancouver Canucks General Manager Jim Benning confirmed today that Bo Horvat will remain on the Canucks roster and not be loaned to Team Canada for the World Junior Championship. Horvat has recorded five points (1-4-5) and six penalty minutes in 17 NHL games.

Bo Horvat has proven he can contribute to the success of the Vancouver Canucks, said Benning. He is a solid two-way player, strong in the faceoff circle and displays a maturity beyond his years. Were very pleased with Bos play and look forward to watching him develop as an NHL player.

http://canucks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=737344&navid=DL|VAN|home

Yay.

Totally fine with this move. Not sure if he'd even get a mountain of icetime on that squad anyway.

Either way it's an ok for me but I still feel it's one of those situations where Bo should be asked and allowed to make the decision for himself. Last chance for a WJC gold and all, prime minutes on a stacked roster.

Oh well, so long as he's getting his 10 ish mins a game in Van should be ok.

Idiotic. It's not like he's been the difference between winning and losing. Give the kid some experience on the world stage and in big games.

Actually I think the Canucks have been playing a lot better with him onboard. The added legit faceoff presense is a key factor to getting some puck control. Way better than watching Vey struggle at the center position, for sure.

Saw this coming a mile away. So many reasons for him to stay. One of the biggest is messing with the success he's already had. He could lose his spot, or get injured as well.

Disagree. It's not like Horvat was destined for that 4th line C role, and the Canucks are far from a team that has enough depth or prospects that would battle it out for that spot.

Bringing him to the WJC would only further his progress and potentially his legacy or "success" with a win.

Also, injuries are always random. I would guess he has a better chance getting injured playing with the men in the NHL than the boys at the tournament.

Actually I think the Canucks have been playing a lot better with him onboard. The added legit faceoff presense is a key factor to getting some puck control. Way better than watching Vey struggle at the center position, for sure.

Exactly. He fills a team need and this team is focused on winning games.

you know that she is pointing at your user name, and not the quoted post... right?

------------------------Emma_Watson_THIS_Gif.gif

But I'm fine with it, not an issue as much as I'd like to see him help that team win gold so long as he's getting useful minutes here.

The way the Canadian WJ team has performed the past 5 years, I highly doubt that Bo would have made the difference between winning and losing anyway. Bo is now an NHL'r and should only get better as one with more icetime as the season progresses. Let the WJT concentrate on developing a winning culture with who they have, not who they won't have.

Archived