The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Terrorist Attack] 130 People including 80 Children Massacred in Pakistan School Attack by the Taliban

TheMohammadman

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/asia/2014/12/fighters-attack-army-run-school-pakistan-20141216742794184.html

At least 130 people, including 80 children, have died in a horrific attack by Pakistani Taliban fighters on a military-run school in Peshawar in Pakistan's northwest.

Al Jazeera's Kamal Hyder, reporting from Peshawar, said Tuesday's attacks that targeted the school were the "most deadliest of attacks".

Officials told Al Jazeera that all six attackers were killed in the operation.

Pervez Khattak, the chief minister of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province, told local media that Peshawar's Lady Reading Hospital had taken 24 of the dead, while the Combined Military Hospital had taken at least 60.

The military operation against the attackers is ongoing [Reuters]

More than 120 people were injured, officials said, when the fighters stormed the Army Public School on Tuesday morning.

Several explosions have been heard coming from the compound.

At least six Taliban fighters entered the school via a neighbouring graveyard, Al Jazeera's Kamal Hyder said.

"Most of the younger pupils escaped the school, but the senior students were not so lucky," our correspondent said.

"An attack on a school on this scale is unheard of, there will be serious questions asked as far as security of the school is concerned. There will be considerable anger across the country."

Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif told local media in Peshawar there would be three days of national mourning.

"I think that until we have not cleansed this country of terrorism completely, this war will continue. No-one should have any doubts about this," he said.

"The government has, joining with the Pakistan military, started [the campaign in northern Waziristan] Zarb e Azb, the results of which are clear to you, and this Zarb e Azb will continue until this terrorism is not finished from this land.

"We have talked to Afghanistan about joining with them to end this terrorism. There should be no doubt about our resolve, it will not be weakened by this attack.

"The nation should unite, and should spring to combat this terrorism, there should no differences among the nation, there should only be unity [in facing this]."

Hostages evacuated

The armed men attacked the Army Public School where about 500 students and teachers were present, military officials said.

The attack began at about 11am local time (06:00 GMT).

An initial blast as the attackers hit the school was followed by a second explosion. Small-arms fire was heard throughout the raid as security forces tried to retake the school.

A heavy contingent of security forces arrived at the school shortly after the attack began and launched the rescue operation.

The army said in a statement that many hostages had been evacuated but did not say how many.

Muhammad Khorasani, TTP spokesperson, told Al Jazeera that six suicide bombers had been sent to the school.

He said the attackers had been given orders to allow the youngest students to leave but to kill the rest.

The attack was in retaliation for an ongoing Pakistan Army operation against the TTP and its allies in the North Waziristan tribal area, Khorasani said.

The TTP said many of their family members had been killed in the campaign, and said the attack on the school was in revenge for those deaths.

"Many TTP members have lost their family members and they have said they want to inflict pain," Al Jazeera's Kamal Hyder said.

"But many ordinary people put their children in military schools because of the relatively higher standard of education, so normal people have been hit as well by this."

The Pakistani military began Operation Zarb-e-Azb against the TTP and its allies on June 15, and says that it has so far retaken larges areas of territory from the group, killing more than 1,270.

The army is also carrying out a military operation in Khyber Agency, which borders Peshawar, where it says it has killed at least 179 fighters.

"This is a soft target. No one would expect a school to be attacked and children would be involved," our correspondent said.

"This will only strengthen the public's resolve to carry on supporting the army."

Asad Hashim contributed to this report from Islamabad.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=R-hs_QykjZQ

As I've clearly stated before, i do not support the Taliban.

Damn with those shatholes. Lowest types of life forms.

The Pakistani Army should beat the living crap out of those scumbags.

These Taliban are Khawarij, and according to Islamic Law, these people should all be killed.

When you allow vipers in to your home eventually someone will be bitten.

It is a terrible tragedy and a horrible event.

I hope now that the country has the resolve to actually remove these people from their country.

This is a terrorist attack. Not a single nut job with a gun and an idea. But a group of people intentionally carrying out a terrifying and horrible event

When you allow vipers in to your home eventually someone will be bitten.

It is a terrible tragedy and a horrible event.

I hope now that the country has the resolve to actually remove these people from their country.

This is a terrorist attack. Not a single nut job with a gun and an idea. But a group of people intentionally carrying out a terrifying and horrible event

You sir make me facepalm...you seem to place the blame on everybody but the terrorists these days, and yes... The attacks in canada in and Australia were terrorist attacks contrary to your beliefs...these single nut jobs you speak of are acting on behalf of Isis. Terrorism is terrorism no matter how many people are involved.

sick bastards

Taliban , IS and all the other extremists should be erased from this Planet ASAP.

The Guy in Sydney was also Islamist.

whats wrong with those guys ?

I'm Muslim, does that make me one of them too?

no ....those guys turns your religion into a dark light.

its like with germans still called nazis.

we allready have anti-islamist protests in germany ..not against the whole muslim community ..lefties call it racist bull ..they dont get what ppl are talking about ...but hey should just watch the news on tv all day ?

but who is racist? IS or people who are against them?

You sir make me facepalm...you seem to place the blame on everybody but the terrorists these days, and yes... The attacks in canada in and Australia were terrorist attacks contrary to your beliefs...these single nut jobs you speak of are acting on behalf of Isis. Terrorism is terrorism no matter how many people are involved.

This is a recognized terrorist group that until recently the government in Pakistan willingly sheltered and allowed to commit horrible acts against the people in Pakistan. A group that acts on 3 different continents with a committed leadership group and access to untold weapons and arms

The attacks in Aus and Can were terrifying attacks but they were not committed by terrorists any more than Sandy Hook, Columbine or the knife attacks in calgary were. Those were committed by single individuals with a long history of instability. Not a group with an hierarchy committed to carving out small nations for themselves on the backs of the innocent.

There is a vast difference between terrorists and a terrifying act.

I would also like to add that ISIS has in no way shape or form endorsed either the attack on Parliament nor in AUS, they were people enamoured with the group and the ideas they represent. Not ISIS or DAESH members. They were acting on behalf of ISIS the same way you're a Tim Hortons Employee when you order a double double at the drive thru window

This is a recognized terrorist group that until recently the government in Pakistan willingly sheltered and allowed to commit horrible acts against the people in Pakistan. A group that acts on 3 different continents with a committed leadership group and access to untold weapons and arms

The attacks in Aus and Can were terrifying attacks but they were not committed by terrorists any more than Sandy Hook, Columbine or the knife attacks in calgary were. Those were committed by single individuals with a long history of instability. Not a group with an hierarchy committed to carving out small nations for themselves on the backs of the innocent.

There is a vast difference between terrorists and a terrifying act.

I would also like to add that ISIS has in no way shape or form endorsed either the attack on Parliament nor in AUS, they were people enamoured with the group and the ideas they represent. Not ISIS or DAESH members. They were acting on behalf of ISIS the same way you're a Tim Hortons Employee when you order a double double at the drive thru window

For a guy who seems to read a lot... Not much seems to sink in. Isis has called for all Muslims supporting jihad to carry out lone wolf attacks around the world... Guess it was a coincidence right... Cause it doesn't go along with your conspiracy theories? Let the books smart folks do the analogies.. Let me fix it for you.... They were acting on behalf of Isis the same way that if Tim Hortons asked me to serve coffee for them and I DID! Talking to you is like talking to a wall, I don't know why I expect a reasonable response. (See, two analogies that make sense :).

For a guy who seems to read a lot... Not much seems to sink in. Isis has called for all Muslims supporting jihad to carry out lone wolf attacks around the world... Guess it was a coincidence right... Cause it doesn't go along with your conspiracy theories? Let the books smart folks do the analogies.. Let me fix it for you.... They were acting on behalf of Isis the same way that if Tim Hortons asked me to serve coffee for them and I DID! Talking to you is like talking to a wall, I don't know why I expect a reasonable response. (See, two analogies that make sense :).

Israel has called for all those of Jewish faith to come home. The Pope has called for all good Catholics to go back to church. Just because someone in a grainy video is saying do something doesn't mean people will do it.

But hey, good christian groups called on the government of Uganda to outlaw and jail gay and lesbian individuals as well and now those same people have to run for their lives or risk imprisonment or death.

You have yet t qualify wtf you mean by conspiracy theories as everything I've written has been factual and honest. A conspiracy theory is more along the lines of believing every single attack is carried out at the behest of ISIS or is all terrorist related, is that all muslims are related to these events. Let that sink in for a second sunshine.

I am almost done talking to you though as you've not qualified anything you've said about me nor have you actually presented any kind of a proper argument.

TTP, the Taliban IS a terrorist group. My cousin died fighting this same group in Northern Afghanistan via IED, my best friend died searching for this group on patrol west of Kandahar. These are terrorists.

Not some bearded sexual predator in Australia, not some french canadian wack job in Ottawa, nor some bushman in the maritiems with a grudge against cops.

There are terrorizing events committed by sick people. Then there are terrorists. If you cannot see the difference between the two I cannot help you.

sick bastards

Taliban , IS and all the other extremists should be erased from this Planet ASAP.

The Guy in Sydney was also Islamist.

whats wrong with those guys ?

no ....those guys turns your religion into a dark light.

its like with germans still called nazis.

we allready have anti-islamist protests in germany ..not against the whole muslim community ..lefties call it racist bull ..they dont get what ppl are talking about ...but hey should just watch the news on tv all day ?

but who is racist? IS or people who are against them?

That's how it works my friend, You 'erase' one group and the US will fund and create another one. #hamsterwheel

I'll break it down for you so it makes sense as I see you are having trouble comprehending

Israel has called for all those of Jewish faith to come home. The Pope has called for all good Catholics to go back to church. Just because someone in a grainy video is saying do something doesn't mean people will do it.

*Big difference between calling people to their "homeland" and calling for the killing of innocent civilians worldwide.

*You are proving you don't pay attention when you say "grainy" videos. ISIS videos are highly produced videos not some grainy homemade video.

But hey, good christian groups called on the government of Uganda to outlaw and jail gay and lesbian individuals as well and now those same people have to run for their lives or risk imprisonment or death.

*This type of thing happens in Muslim countries as well as Christian countries, and while being centuries behind, it is a far cry from calling for innocent women and children to be murdered

You have yet t qualify wtf you mean by conspiracy theories as everything I've written has been factual and honest. A conspiracy theory is more along the lines of believing every single attack is carried out at the behest of ISIS or is all terrorist related, is that all muslims are related to these events. Let that sink in for a second sunshine.

I am almost done talking to you though as you've not qualified anything you've said about me nor have you actually presented any kind of a proper argument.

TTP, the Taliban IS a terrorist group. My cousin died fighting this same group in Northern Afghanistan via IED, my best friend died searching for this group on patrol west of Kandahar. These are terrorists.

Terrorism is an act meant to Instil fear in a populace.

Not some bearded sexual predator in Australia, not some french canadian wack job in Ottawa, nor some bushman in the maritiems with a grudge against cops.

*Both these wack jobs are part of an ever growing trend of lonewolf attacks, because these ignorant troubled sickos are looking for a cause... And Isis has reached out to them..

There are terrorizing events committed by sick people. Then there are terrorists. If you cannot see the difference between the two I cannot help you.

*Sir, I don't need help from somebody who can't even see when he is wrong, sure you have your opinion... But it certainly doesn't make you right.

Archived