The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Do you wish the Canucks could emulate the success of the Leafs right now?

freebuddy

What's to emulate? TO has 19 wins in 31 games. They're 6th in the arguably weaker Eastern Conference. Canucks have 18 wins in 30. We're 5th in the West. We're doing fine I would say. Yeah, we're in a mini slump right now. But TO will have theirs.

Toronto already had their slump and it wasn't a very good one if you recall..

Thanks for all the hard work here freebuddy. You should read the forum rules before posting, or at least finish your idea with a couple thoughts.

I guess if you're asking do I wish we won 6 games in a row. I guess, I wish I won the lottery too. Good thread.

The leafs real slump doesn't start till the new year. Then, they slide just out of contention, but close enough to trade away draft picks at the deadline to try to get in the playoffs. The move backfires, and they slide down the ladder further. Rinse...repeat. Oh, and keep the same coach too. This way, the media has more to talk about.

Interestingly, the end of their forever losing streak a few years ago also came in a controversial game against the Ducks in which it was quite obvious the refs were handing TO the win. Something like several 5-on-3's in a row for TO.

Last night wasn't near as bad as that of course, but let's just say that them beating the Ducks 6-2 isn't a total surprise to me.

I view every Canadian team early on here as playing over their heads. Corrections will come. But I didn't count TO out of the playoffs this year either. The east is weak.

They're supposed to be perennially horrible, but they sure are picking it up right now. Wouldn't have thought they would beat the Ducks, let alone with SIX goals!

Emmulate a decent first half of the season before the inevitable choke near the end? No.

True enough. Last season there was the great start by the Leafs (10 - 4 in October) followed by them barely playing around .500 through November and December.

While there is "some" improvement in the Leafs, they are still a long way away from being a team which I would wish the Canucks to emulate.

regards,

G.

PS - another way of looking at this, if you are just talking about wins and losses, then the Panthers would be a better team to emulate. They had only 16 points at this point last season compared to their current 34.

that second line of Winnik - Kadri - Santo has been money as of late.

Secondary scoring is finally stepping up and its nice to see another Canadian team excel. The more Canadian teams in the playoffs the better.

#bringthecupbacktoCANADA

Archived