The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Do you wish the Canucks could emulate the success of the Leafs right now?

freebuddy

They're on a 6 game winning streak which is why all their stats look good right now. The Canucks looked invincible a few games before this losing streak started. Every team goes on little streaks during the season, we'll see at the end of the year whether or not they're still looking like a strong team. Even if they make the playoffs as a wild card team, the Leafs are not built for the playoffs. They have a bit of depth up front and on defence, but that goaltending is not strong enough to withstand Crosby and Malkin for 7 games, and those forwards are far too small to contend with big strong forwards and defencemen of say Boston.

I'm originally from the east myself, so I don't share the sense of inferiority complex that many people here have as westerner's, people of Canada's periphery region. Pity you pathetic fools. I have no problem with Toronto having success. lol.

I'm not really sure who I pity more, the idiots that think we have an inferiority complex or the ones that whine and bitch but don't have the balls to go live anywhere else but here.

I cannot understand the need for this thread, thus my response. The Leafs are a joke, and for the forseeable future as well. They are in the middle of a winning streak at the same time we are in the middle of a losing streak. To see anything beyond that is ridiculous. If this trend continues for the rest of the season this thread may make sense. It's like if the Canucks score 4 goals in the first period tonight someone creating the thread "Canucks parade route planned; Stars' move to Seattle confirmed"

leafs are getting wins from beastly tending , and i hate this thread. in the words of torts why deal in hypotheticals

if that's how it is then they have a better goalie and we have a better D comparing on shots allowed. What a difference a goalie indeed can do, and beautiful goals from forwards.

if that's how it is then they have a better goalie and we have a better D comparing on shots allowed. What a difference a goalie indeed can do, and beautiful goals from forwards.

ur an idiot ur looking at season stats why dont you take a look at the last 6 games and come back to me btw look at the 3 stars it will make it simpler for you

You and I clearly have a different definition of "success."

Leafs current "success" that you are referring to is analogous to getting an A+ in one of the quizzes in your course at say, your high school or college. True success is if you actually get A+ at the end of the term.

By my definition, Leafs haven't achieved any real success, I don't see what there is to emulate.

Archived