The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Know of any Computer shops similar to NCIX that can put parts into a PC in lower mainland (langley)?

yawn.3x

Looking for a computer store similar to NCIX, but with boxing day week they're going to be heavily backed up I imagine. For simple things like installing RAM, or an SSD where it's just plug and play or a couple screws I can do but, it's a new Motherboard, and my processor so I don't want to just fool around with that. Would rather get a professional to do it.

Also NCIX charges a TON. I think they quoted me $200 to install a motherboard, CPU, RAM, and SSD. I mean I have no issues paying, but that seems really excessive...

Anyways if you guys know of any places I'd appreciate it! Happy holidays everyone!

P.S. I don't trust future shop or Best Buy lol. Sorry if I offend anyone with that.

Installing a MoBo is very easy, albeit a bit tedious. Most of the Youtube videos out there are perfectly fine. Look up your motherboard and there's probably a video of the guy installing it. Or just find a nerd friend if you're really that nervous. Your nerd friend will have probably done the same thing (looked it up). It's pretty easy, you can do it!

You don't trust futureshop or bestbuy when they are probably the only place besides NCIX who are going to guarantee their work...

They likely cost the same. Last time I took it to NCIX they had my computer for 2 weeks and never touched it. I stormed in and took it back and had my friend do it for free. They do have cheap parts for boxing day sales though I'll give them that. Also Best Buy and FS... their customer service/tech department usually consists of lazy high schoolers who just don't give a f***. I would stay away from all three of these big name people.

Archived