The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official National Lacrosse League Thread (NLL)

SOB for MVP

Just because lacrosse has got no lovin' on these boards.

We have a professional lacrosse team in our backyard and the games rarely sell out. Such a shame.

Games are also broadcast on TSN

The Vancouver Stealth play out of the Langley Events Centre once every week / two weeks.

2015 Vancouver Stealth Schedule

Saturday, January 3rd @ Calgary, 6:00pm - 18-14 Win

Saturday, January 10th vs. Toronto, 7:30pm - 20-11 Loss

Saturday, January 17th vs. Buffalo, 7:00pm - 14-13 Loss

Saturday, January 24th @ Colorado, 6:00pm - 20-9 Loss

Saturday, January 31st vs. Colorado, 7:00pm - 16-13 Win

Saturday, February 14th vs. Calgary, 7:00pm - 13-9 Win

Saturday, February 21st @ Calgary, 6:00pm - 16-13 Loss

Saturday, February 28th vs. Minnesota, 7:00pm - 21-15 Win

Saturday, March 14th @ Edmonton, 6:00pm - 19-7 Loss

Saturday, March 21st vs Colorado, 7:00pm - 14-11 Loss

Saturday, March 29th @ Colorado, 6:00pm - 12-6 Loss

Friday, April 3rd @ Edmonton, 6:30pm - 15-14 Loss (OT)

Saturday, April 4th vs. Edmonton, 7:00pm - 17-10 Loss

Friday, April 10th @ Toronto, 4:30pm

Sunday, April 12th @ New England, 10:00am

Saturday, April 18th vs Rochester, 7:00pm

Saturday, April 25th @ Buffalo, 4:30pm

Saturday, May 2 vs. Calgary, 7:00pm

Bold - Denotes Upcoming Home Game

Standings

Western Conference

Edmonton Rush - 9-4*

Colorado Mammoth - 8-6*

Vancouver Stealth - 4-9

Calgary Roughnecks - 4-10

Eastern Conference

Toronto Rock - 11-4*

Rochester Knighthawks - 9-4

Buffalo Bandits 7-7

Minnesota Swarm - 5-9

New England Black Wolves - 4-8

*Denotes Playoff Spot Clinched

Maybe the games would sell out if they were the Langley Stealth instead of Vancouver. Langley folk would probably be more likely to develop a sense of pride and go to games.

I feel branding with the bigger draw of Vancouver draws in more fans, as well as sponsorship dollars

I blame the NLL for not promoting the league. I have been to a few games in Calgary and absolutely loved the experience. Then I completely forget about lacrosse for like 2 years cause there is nothing to remind me.

It's more common to find an English fellow into sniffing bicycle seats then it is to find a dude who knows the last 4 NLL champions.

I mean, you'll find them but they are sneakers.

I blame the NLL for not promoting the league. I have been to a few games in Calgary and absolutely loved the experience. Then I completely forget about lacrosse for like 2 years cause there is nothing to remind me.

It's more common to find an English fellow into sniffing bicycle seats then it is to find a dude who knows the last 4 NLL champions.

I mean, you'll find them but they are sneakers.

If he can guess rochester he'll have three of those four down lol

I do agree that overall it has been hard for the league to gain mainstream attention. Hopefully an enhanced deal with TSN can have them promote the league like they did with the CFL, and imo it'd be an easier sell to fans given the national sport aspect, actual top quality players instead of an NFL practice squad league, and the plethora of canadian stars in the league. The game is slowly growing in the states in pockets but needs to insure stability up north.

Vancouver got blown out tonight by Colorado 20-9..be nice if they won a game or two..not a good way to build a fan base in their second year.

Powless didnt get a point..Small they guy they gave up 2 draft picks for got 4 points.

I didnt understand the small trade, but the stealth are missing their entire defense from last year. 4 injured, 1 traded, 1 left for FA, 1 gone for firefighter training.

those picks should have gone to addressing the backend, or just not dealt away

I didnt understand the small trade, but the stealth are missing their entire defense from last year. 4 injured, 1 traded, 1 left for FA, 1 gone for firefighter training.

those picks should have gone to addressing the backend, or just not dealt away

They wont have a 1st round pick for ages..sometime in 2020s I think...they traded them all away..this could be a real handicap for sure.

Archived